cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting duplicate entries in for Batch Characteristics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

How can we restrict duplicate values for Batch characteristics. The characteristics is a user input field but we want to keep a check that user doesn't input duplicate entries as in previous batches.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

Check with badi CACL_CHR_CHECKS.

Regards,

Madhu.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In t.code CT04, for each batch characteristics, select single value radio button under Value assignment caption and save.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Single value radio button is not used for duplicate entries but to enter only single value while inputting value to characteristics. you have mistaken the word i guess.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think I misread your question.

When you say user doesn't input duplicate entries as in previous batches. do you mean the values in some other batch should not be entered in the current batch? For example, if in batch A, the characteristics Gold value reads as 1000 $, when the user creates the batch B, the user should not be allowed to enter value 1000$ for characteristic Gold?

If the assumption is correct, then I think standard configurations can't help. However take a look at the user exit EXIT_SAPLV01Z_014 in program SAPLV1ZN.I also recommend you posting this question in materials management forum after closing this thread, if you don't find suitable answer.

Regards,