cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legal controll error is sales order - license cannot be used

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

The sales order has Legal Control: Issue Error, due to this we are unable to deliver the goods. the below message found in the Log details:

Access object: License Master

Key (license nubmer): xxxxx

Validity period not long enough

Requested delivery date for item: 02/20/2012

End of validity period of license: 1231/2011

License cannot be used

The license has the period Valid From 01-01-2011 To 31-12-2011, can this be modified? please advise.

we tried to extend the validity of license but it is not allowing. can anyone give some inputs on this error.

Thanks,

Rajam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks,

problem sovled by creating the new license by copying the old one.

bye

Rajam

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajam,

It's possible - and I guess it's been done in your case - to configure the system so that changes to the validity are disallowed when the Licence is "active".

If it's possible (again subject to the configuration), change the Status back to "created", then amend the validity end date. But bear in mind Abir's comment - if this is a REAL Licence, then you must first obtain permission from the issuing authority.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajam: Check your authorization w.r.t license create/change. But to extend a license validity, you must apply it to respective govt authority. If its a productive environment, business user must be able to perform that activity. You can have this done with a new license aswell.

If its a test environment, you can extend/create a new one and assign it to your SO and Delivery, but based on your authorization. Check the security guide for your version of SAP GTS for License specific authorizations.

Regards,

Abir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abir,

In my situation, the sales order already creted in Dec 2011 and has delivery dates in Jan 2012. And the SO has GTS error and unable create delivery, business user releasing the SO manually by going to VX22N for emergency deliveries. but we need permanent solution.

the license is created under License type NLR (no license required). i dont think, user will accept for creating a new license for this as it is using for couple of years. we are trying to extend the validity of license by going to VX02N but valid From and To fields are greyed out. we also checked the Accepted and Extended fields in Status Tab by giving the future dates but Valid From and To dates are not changed.

Please advise...

Thanks in advance.

Rajam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajam: Going thru your post, I think this is a SAP FT/Customs issue???

Can you check if you can extend the validity for the license with transaction VX02X, if not with VX02N?

VX22N is used for assigning the License to the sales order. If its a NLR, then there shouldn't be much issue for maintaining a new one.

For a complete fix, why not identify the sales order type & item category(combination or individual) and maintain them for "not relevant for legal control - check" if its used to determine NLR type of license ONLY. This is just my thought.

Regards,

Abir