cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC_ERROR_PARSE_FAILURE READING_FIELD_STARTTAG

0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm having an error in SAP_XI_IDOC/IDOCXmlToFlatConvertor.

Here's the scenario:

1. We have a new IDOC extension. I have imported it in XI and the test was okay. An IDOC text file was generated.

2. Some of the fields of the IDOC extension were changed. I have reimported it in XI. Test is not okay. I'm getting an error message in RWB for the comm channel.

I have seen in the previous posts that their errors are, READING_FIELD_VALUE.. I have no errors in the value of the field. My problem is in the segment name since it was changed recently.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Regards,

SAPenthusiast

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP GUI --> Login to PI --> IDX2 --> load metadata for your IDOC and then again test the scenario....you can even re-load the same.

regards,

ganesh.

0 Kudos

Still the same error Ganesh..

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i think Ganesh was right. It s an adapter error regarding meta data. May be something went wrong during reload, just try to delete the corresponding meta data, they will be reloaded automaticly during runtime.

Regards,

Udo

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Recreate the whole idoc again in ECC. i'm not sure whether to release it or not. after recreating, reimport the idoc then delete the metadata again. but what's most important is Recreate the whole idoc again in ECC. no other solution

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Perform the following steps, sequentially:

1. Check in ECC if all of the segments of your IDoc are released as well.

2. Once you are sure everything is released, remove IDoc metadata from IDX2 again.

3. Reimport your IDoc to ESR to make sure the change reaches there, as well. Make sure that mapping is up-to-date.

4. Clear CPA cache in sxi_cache in PI.

5. Retest your scenario.

Hope this helps,

Grzegorz

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have refreshed the IDoc metadata and it did not help, then there are two more places to check. Go to ESR and:

1. Reimport your IDoc type from your ECC system.

2. Adjust your Message Mapping to the new segment name. The mapping cannot be performed correctly with incorrect segment name.

Hope this helps,

Grzegorz

0 Kudos

Hi Grzegorz,

I have already done this. It's working in the mapping already. I can view the corrected segments in sxi_monitor already.

Hi Udo,

I have already tried this before. I deleted it also then passed a new test data. The idoc metadata was generated in idx2. i checked the structure of the idoc and it is correct. It has the correct segments. but I'm still having the same error in parsing.

0 Kudos

we have checked in ECC, the IDOC has yet to be released. But after releasing the IDOC, the error still persists. i have tried reloading the metadata after the release but still the same error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try to delete meta data and perform full cache refresh and again you have to reload the meta data using of t-code IDX2 and perform cache refresh. can you check which segment you have added to idoc that segment is released or not.

what is the status of R3 system while posting idoc??

regards,

ganesh.