cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accrual Defferal in REFX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Our Client bills the monthly advance billings/ quarterly advance billings as follows:

Advance Billing

Customer Dr 3000

Billed in Advance Cr 3000

(Revenue billing for type A)

Customer Dr 3000

Billed in Advance Cr 3000

(Revenue billing for type B)

Periodic revenue recognition

Billed in Advance Dr 1000

Revenue A cr 1000

Billed in Advance Dr 1000

Revenue B Cr 1000

While we test the standard accrual defferal engine, the defferal example of SAP as shown below, posts to revenue directly in the periodic posting instead of bills in advance.

Later the inception entry and the monthly periodic posting entry adjusts the defferal amount and the defferal income accounts to feature the defferal of revenue.

We want to post to billed in advance first and the post to revenue in the period recognition

SAP Accrual defferal engine concept, Defferal entries by SAP as follows:

credit x, debit y

Credit (posting key) account, debit (posting key) account (amount)

Periodic posting January (01) Customer receivables (50) Revenue from basic rent (3000)

-

January:

Opening posting

(40) Deferred income

(50) Deferral (3000)

-

Accrual/Deferral Amount (January)

(40) Deferral from rent paid in advance

(50) Deferral from rent paid in advance (1000)

-

Accrual/Deferral February (40) Deferred income (50) Deferral from rent paid in advance (1000)

Accrual/Deferral March (40) Deferred income (50) Deferral from rent paid in advance (1000)

Result: Each posting period has a balance of 1000 revenue.

-

My questions:

Is it possible to bring in different revenue accounts into the periodic recognition using defferal engine??

Where do we configure flowtypes for postings in the defferal engine?

There is space to configure account symbols, where to assign them in the engine?

If any of the experts has views on this. Pls do write back or respond.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

franz_posch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Veena,

the standard way is to maintain the accrual type to the flow types that should be accrued and based on this accrual type the the account determination takes place (simple account determination).

Customizing settings for accrual/deferral can be found in customizing of RE-FX under Accounting - Accrual/Deferral.

Account Determination is then under Accrual/Deferral Posting.

There is also the extended account determination available which offers additional possibilities for account determination.

If this is not sufficient you might implement the BAdI ACEPS_BAPIPREDOC_MOD or ACEPS_BAPIDOC_MODIFY. You can use the BAdI to get the account symbol from the contract and then set the account for accrual/deferral according to your requirements.

Regards, Franz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Franz,

I did try the simple determination, it didn work for us, will try the badi.

Thanks

Veena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veena,

Right now i'm working for the Accrual & Deferral in REFX.

I have not have any configuration document of the same.

Can you please help me out.

Thanks

Rajani Rayappan