cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Grouping - Commitmetn Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using automatic grouping for WBS element and using valuated project stock. When I assign the material in activity, the commitment is raising in WBS level (PR creation after MRP run).

However when I test it in IDES, the commitment is raising in Network level. How to change the commitmtnet raising from WBS to Network?

Regards

Suresh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

as per standard SAP, PR generated through MRP will not raise any commitment. While assigning material to network system will generate Rem, Order. Plan, this also will be considered in the availability check.

If you need to avoid a particular cost element from availability check please maintain that cost element in the exempt cost element list.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

Thanks for your quick reply.

1. When I attach stock item (Valuated Stock) in activity and run MRP for PR generation, till that time, I am not getting any Rem. Ord. plan (or) Commitment in network / WBS. When I convert this PR into PO, commitment generated in WBS level and not in network level. In this scenario, is that possible to generate commitment in Network level?

2. Now in this scenario all the cost / commitment is booked in Level 1 WBS element. So If I assign the budget in lower level WBS level, the error is coming. Only I have to assign the budget in Level 1 WBS element. Can we avoid this? IS thr any setting available to overcome this issue?

Regards

Suresh