cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO Rejection - ORDSP Idoc Errors in ECC with different process codes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We were testing the Scenario where the Supplier rejects a PO line item as part of the PO Collaboration. On rejecting the PO in SNC, it trigerred an ROC XML with AcceptanceStatusCode == RE. The same was passed on from XML to Idoc in the IDoc segment E1EDP01, field ACTION = "003".

However, such ORDSP Idocs was failing on the ECC side during Inbound processing with the following errors:

1. Acknowledgment for PO item 4400000XXX 00010 contains quantity variance: Message no. ME794

2. Price unit 0 from IDoc differs from unit of purchase order 1: Message no. ME729

3. Order price unit differs from unit EA from purchase order: Message no. ME728

4. Order units differ : Message no. ME791

5. Material number differs from that of ordered material : Message no. ME790

Note : We dont get these errors for a normal confirmation. It happens only with Rejection.

The deletion indciator could not be set in the ECC PO line item even after manually correcting the above errors in the Idoc and posting it.

Then based on this SDN Post: [;, we changed the WE20 settings. i.e., for ORDSP Idoc changed the Process code from ORDR to ORDR_SUS. After this change, the the above errors were eliminated and the the rejection data was also updated on the ECC PO by setting a deletion indicator. But we are having the following issues:

1. Though both the confirmation & rejection data are getting transferred successfully, the Idocs remain in status 52 (Application document not fully posted).

2. The message in the status record is "Rejection of PO item 4400000XXX 00010 with reason: Message no. ME749

3. Came across these 2 related SAP Notes:

a. #1087422 : But this is not applicable as the note states that this error will occur only if we delete the PO line item before hand in ECC.

b. # 66192 : This note suggets a custom solution. But actually all the info from the ORDSP Idoc are getting processed successfully (Rejection & Confirmation send in the same Idoc). Only the status of the Idoc (Status = 52) is concerning us.

Looking forward for inputs / suggetions from those who have used the Rejection functionality in SNC without custom development.

Regards,

Bharath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath

Rejections is handled like that only, can you please check whether note 1529579 is helpful

It is standard behavior, as it expects other segments to fill, but never the less the PO will be updated properly, its only problem

with the status of the idoc....nothing wrong in the data updation. The above note should be handy.

Regards

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

Thanks for the confirmation.

With regards to note # 1529579 , we already have the support pack in which the correction has been delivered. Any other options?

Regards,

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharth

Nope, that is the latest correction note, if your customer wants to change this behavior please report to SAP

Regards

Vinod