cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What SAP Basis guys should know to monitoring and administraion of SAP PI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello PI Expert,

I am very new to PI/XI. I have installed PI/XI System and done the post installation activties related PI/XI. But otherthan the installation/post installation activities what are the other activities/responsibilities that the SAP Basis guys should know related to PI/XI. What the the support activities related to PI/XI?

Request you to please let me know so that i can work on it and gain knowledge regarding the same.

Thanks

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Check note #884865 XI Admin Check.

Regards

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Queues, tRFCs, locks, work process availability, DB performance etc that you follow for regular ABAP monitoring.

For J2EE engine, basic troubleshooting using dev_, std_ and default trace files. Changing parameters using config tool and NWA (Visual Admin for older NW release). Deploying SDA files using SDM or JSPM. Adding certificates to key storages. Transporting ABAP, IR and ID objects. I write at [http://sapnwnewbie.blogspot.com/search/label/sap|sapnwnewbie.blogspot.com] about Basis and XI/PI administration. Check it out if interested.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply,

Yes, I am aware about Queues, tRFCs, locks, work process availability, DB performance ,For J2EE engine, basic troubleshooting using dev_, std_ and default trace files. Changing parameters using config tool and NWA (Visual Admin for older NW release). Deploying SDA files using SDM or JSPM. Adding certificates to key storages. Transporting ABAP

But as would like to know how to transport IR and ID objects. I have gone through your site it's really very interesting.

Can you please suggest some more info for administration of XI.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deepak,

If you want ,you can configure CTS+ for your PI as basis admin.

Jobs monitoring and scheduling will be day to day work.

User administration and support to your functional team whenever they face any issues.

And BASIS is field like " jack of all trades". So you cannt list all basis jobs in one go..

Regards,

Amit Barnawal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Transporting XI objects using file system should get you started:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/a8/5e56006c17e748a68bb3843ed5aab8/content.htm