cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying Key Figures Data in APO using Realignment**

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have multiple CVC's for one of our Vendor. The CVC's has BOM/PPM information with Input & Output.

When we try to copy the data from one vendor to another vendor, we are using Realignment so that the CVC's will automatically gets created for new vendor as well as data should also get copied.

But, even if the realignment is getting executed successfullly, there are no values copied for BOM/PPM from old to new vendor. Even, the CVC's having BOM/PPM information are not gettingg created for new vendor. Even if we create those manually & use COPY function from Realignment, then also the BOM/PPM related data is not getting copied.

Has someone encounter this problem earlier. Your thoughts are highly appreciated.

Thanks for looking into this issue!

Rgds/

Jay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

markpedley
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Vincent,

We have an issue with products that are initially created as a regular product (without a DP SALES BOM) and at a later date a SALES BOM in DP will be created with the product as an OUTPUT (HEADER). When the above situation occurs, the original CVC (with BLANK I/O) is deleted and a new CVC with the BOM I/O (O) populated is created. In this process, all key figure values are lost because the values of the key figures are not transferred to the new CVC.

Thank you

Mark

vincentverheyen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You can perform 2 realignments. One realignment in your Demand Planning planning area; and one realignment in your BOM planning area.

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

Unfortunately Realignment transaction doesn't apply for DP BOMs.

If you read SAP help, you would note the following in "Restrictions" section:

"You cannot carry out realignment for the DP-BOM characteristics 9APPNAME, 9ABOMID, and 9ABOMIO. The last two characteristics are not visible in realignment. You can use the product and 9APPNAME as selection criteria. "

Link to SAP Help for SCM 5.0

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/61/7ade603472c447b0bb52d67391683e/content.htm

I guess you must be actually meaning DP PDS (DP BOMs), which you could create from SNP or PPDS PDS.

You could create the DP PDS (BOMs) again from SNP or PPDS PDS to have the BOMs come into effect.

Hope this helps.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pawan for your resolution to our issue.

Now, it is clear that we can not use Realignment funcition to copy data for BOM related CVC's.

In our case, we want to copy all the data of old vendor to new vendor in Demand Planning. All the CVC's for old vendor contains BOM ID (I or O) & PPM name. Our final objective is just create same CVC's with only Vendor field change. In this case, how to copy data from old to new vendors? We can create CVC's having BOM ID & PPM for new vendors but could not copy the data into these CVCs. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks again for looking into this issue!

Rgds/

Jay

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

If I understood correctly, in your case, only the vendor is changing let's say from a value X to a value Y.

As you yourself mentioned, create the CVCs with the new vendor, old BOM ID and old PPM (and also any other characteristics that you use in this planning area).

So, now you would have the CVCs in your system for both the vendors, and each would have the same old BOM ID and the old PPM (and also any other characteristics that you would be using).

You can now use the "COPY" function in realignment and give only old vendor and new vendor in from and to fields. Do not give any other selection criteria.

Your data would get copied from old vendor CVCs to new vendor CVCs, and then you can delete the CVCs which contain old vendor.

I hope I understood your situation correctly, and this is helpful for you.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

Thanks for quick reply.

I tried as per your solution but its not working in our case.

During realignment COPY only..its giving error as Copying ended with errors.

The new vendor does not get any data at all.

Regards/

Jay

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

You can try this with the macro function TS_GET and TS_SET. You create 2 macros. In the first macro, you maintain the parameters such a way that, the key figure data will be copied to a time series using the macro function TS_SET. Use the TS name as the product number, which we can use to match later in the TS_GET macro. Run this macro in the background with the selection which only contains the vendor X. Set the aggregation level as Vendor*Product.

Create another macro to get the data from the copied time series using the TS_GET function to the new vendor. Run this second macro with the selection which contains the selection of new vendor Y. Set the aggregation level as Vendor*Product.

Sample Macro codes:

Macro 1:

New step1:(1 iteration:Initial;Initial)

New action box

TS_SET(

ACT_IOBJNM_VALUE('your product characteristic may be 9AMATNR'); 'A'; 'B' ; 'C' ; 1;

AREA [ $KEYFIGURE1(M01.2012) ; $KEYFIGURE1(M12.2012) ]

)

Run this macro in the background with the selection which contains the vendor X. Set the aggregation level as Vendor*Product.

Macro2:

New step1:(1 iteration:Initial;Initial)

New action box

AREA [ $KEYFIGURE1(M01.2012) ; $KEYFIGURE1(M12.2012) ] =

TS_GET(

ACT_IOBJNM_VALUE('your product characteristic may be 9AMATNR'); 'A'; 'B' ; 'C' ; 1;

124)

Run this second macro with the selection which contains the selection of new vendor Y. Set the aggregation level as Vendor*Product.

Please try with few selections and then go for the bulk loading and revert.

Regards,

Manimaran M.

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

Did you also check out the suggestion from Manimaran?

If that also doesn't work, then I can only think of following workaround kind of options:

1) Copy data from this DP BOM related PA (let's say PA1) to another PA (let's say PA2) which doesn't have DP BOM. You could use a simulation version in some other planning area for this purpose (later on you can delete the simulation version). Do the realignment in this simulation version of PA2. Then deinitialize the data in PA1. Now create CVCs in PA1 from PA2, initialize PA1, create DP BOMs and then copy the KF data from PA2 to PA1. Your data in PA1 is now with the changed vendor.

2) Take backup of data from PA1 to an infocube. While copying the data to cube, it's possible to update the vendor from vendor A to vendor B through BW routines. Subsequently deinitialize PA1, and repeat steps as in 1) above. Only in this case, data would come from cube instead of PA2.

With the limitations linked to DP BOM, I don't think there could be more possibilities.

Thanks - Pawan

former_member343632
Participant
0 Kudos

Copy function in Realignment happens at CVC level.

I don't think we can select individual Char.