cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

right transmission medium and communication in output determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I defined a new output type for shipping, wrote a requirement, but I don't know which transmission medium should I define in the output type and the right communication definition in the condition records.

I need this output to execute a program that calls a "proxy to file" method (interface).

Each transmission medium I used caused me a dump, so eather the program the ABAPer gave me is wrong, or my definition is wrong.

Regards,

Daphna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried with transmission medium "8 - special function" (no communication definition required) and in the program I have put my program and in the form I put my program's main form.

The program worked with nast-objky and returned 0/1 for success/failure.

IT WORKED

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I thought of that once, but, as I never worked on that. So, I didin't suggested

But, Great efforts.

Congratulation...

At last, your efforts showed result.

Thanks for the update.

With best wishes

JP

marcin_milczynski
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should use transmission medium 6 EDI and assign printing program RSNASTED in the processing routines for this medium.

Regards,

Marcin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcin,

6 is for Idocs. I need to use my own program.

Is there a way to use my own program while putting the standard RSNASTED program ? If so, which form do I use ?

Daphna

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

General for these kind of requirement. it could be 3 as transmission medium.

Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

There is no transmission medium "3" -> these are the available ones:

1 Print output

2 Fax

4 Telex

5 External send

6 EDI

7 Simple Mail

8 Special function

9 Events (SAP Business Workflow)

A Distribution (ALE)

T Tasks (SAP Business Workflow)

Daphna

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Apologies for previous response.

General for these kind of requirement. it could be either 1-Send with periodically scheduled job & 2-Send with job, with additional time specification as Dispatch time with either 5(External Send) or 6(EDI) or 7(simple mail) as Transmission Medium.

Don't forget to maintain relevant communication strategy, say, WEBM-Send external mail in communication method.

Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

I want to use a method that does "proxy to file" -> gets parameters and write them into file.

I can use a program to call this method, but not sure how to connect it to the output condition that it will work.

This is not a mail so I guess 5 and 7 are not suitable, and I am not using the standard EDI programs so I guess 6 is not suitable.

But feel free to correct me

Daphna