Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preserve user after clien copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Netweaver 7.00

Weekly I do a mandant copy from production to a test system

I loose my users on the test system (overwrite by the production users)

How can I preverve my user of the test system during the copy ?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You have export your user master before copy and import the same after copy. You can achieve this with client export/import with copy profile SAP_USER.

Please take a look at the below links for more details.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/69/c24c4e4ba111d189750000e8322d00/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/69/c24c824ba111d189750000e8322d00/content.htm

Good Luck.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ashish_mishra2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As the copy has been started (not sure how many tables have been copied from source to target client), you can not secure user master record now as the USR tables might have overwritten now.

Only the option is, if you have any previous user master record backup transport, you can import the same once client copy is completed.

Regards,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thiery,

We had the similar issues but we resolved it technically.

Before copying the production client into target , you just take export of SAP_USERs and authorization of target using SCC8 as sarvanti told.

You might be knowing the procedure.Check target system same as source system.

After that just after importing production client you can import the TRs you created using SCC8 and run SCC7.

So user data will be maintained.

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Amit Barnawal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Export SAP Users and Authorizations from TEST system and Import back after SYSTEM COPY.

Here is the procedure

1) Logon to the target SAP (TEST) system in the client you want to save and go to transaction SCC8.

2) Select the SAP_USER profile and the Target System,

3) Click the START Immediately or Schedule as Background Job button and then check Immediately.

4) Make a note of the KT transport number shown on the next window. The KT transport is for transporting client specific data.

5) The status of the export can be found using transaction SCC3.

6) After the export completes in SCC3, check the transport logs for the KT transport in SE01. The export is not finished until the "export" step shows completed successfully.

7) For systems with more than one client, you will need to follow the above steps on each client to create a transport of the users for each client.

Import SAP Users and Authorizations

1) Go to your TEST system after copy from Production-

2) go to STMS_IMPORT --> ADD the trasnports to the buffer.

3). Import the transports'.

4). Goto SCC7 (make sure client is opened )

Ensure the Transport that is displayed is the Transport you imported in previous step

Select "Execute in Background"

Monitor to completion in Transaction: SCC3

Refer to the link too

Edited by: Sravanthi.sap on Jan 8, 2012 9:32 AM