cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 00 951 in error handling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

I have installed SRM 7 and ECC SAP Ides 6.0.EHP 4 on the same Computer/Server. I am getting always the below stated

error message while I am klicking ECC SAP System in the LogOn Pad.

Both systems are running under the same HOSTNAME (Computername) FISCO. And they have

Error 00 951 in error handling

Please advice, I am lost.

Regards

Marco

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

As Asutosh suggested, please stop ECC and SRM application server, DB and start DB followed by Applications one bye one.

2). Also, please check your DB and Memory parameters and tune as Recommended by SAP.

3). Please make sure of enough RAM and SWAP .

4). Check your listener and TNSNAMES in case of Oracle as a database, if both are installed as MCOD.

Regards,

Sravanthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sravanthi

I thgank you for your reply.

2). Also, please check your DB and Memory parameters and tune as Recommended by SAP.

can you pls. guide me how to achieve that.

3). Please make sure of enough RAM and SWAP .

can you pls also guide me how to do that

4). Check your listener and TNSNAMES in case of Oracle as a database, if both are installed as MCOD.

what do you mean with MCO

Kind Regards

Marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marco,

1) Also, please check your DB and Memory parameters and tune as Recommended by SAP.

I cannt give you exact link as it depends on DB as well,so you google it according to your database you will get.

for oracle : http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/df/455eb1747111d6b25100508b6b8a93/content.htm

2) Please make sure of enough RAM and SWAP .

As you have installed two systems in one it ahould have atleast 8-10GB of RAM and for SWAP, SAP recommenda thats it must be 3 times of your RAM

3) Check your listener and TNSNAMES in case of Oracle as a database, if both are installed as MCOD.

multiple component of database in single server is called MCOD.you can find every things about MCOD in below link

ANd MArco have you checked that your both systems process are running from MMC, if yes then I will suggest you to try to start sapgui through cmd using command sapgui <hostname> <instno>

check if it works

Regards,

Amit Barnawal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

if your DB is oracle

Please refer to the below note - 830576 Parameter recommendations for Oracle 10g

SAP Tuning - Refer to the below NOTE for Zero Administration Windows and BLOG for tuning

Note 88416 - Zero administration memory management for the ABAP server

http://www.wilsonmar.com/sap_perf.htm

2). RAM and SWAP

RAM - depends on the number of users and funcitonal documents processed. If its a TEST system for MCOD - minimum 16GB would be required for better performance.

SWAP - 3 times of RAM

3). Go to Home directory of Oracle - D:\oracle\<SID>\102 or 112 and NETWORK --> ADMIN --> LISTENER.ORA and TNSNAMES.ORA

Regards,

Sravanthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Virtual Memory

Total paging file size for all drives: There are only two drives C: and 😧

Initial size(MB) 25600

Maximum size (MB) 31711

Is that not enough ???

Genral:

Microsoft Windows XP 64

Prof x64 Edition

3 GB RAM

Regards

Marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

System has 3GB of RAM ? and allocated em/initial_size = 25600 MB ?

3GB RAM is not enough to RUN both the instances, Please tune the SAP parameters related to memory allocated to the system.

You can either use ECC or SRM one instance at a time for better performance.

Regards,

Sravanthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

Error 00 951 is for transaction cancelled i suppose.

Can you try to stop both SRM and ECC first and then just bring up one of the instance and try to login to it.

Just to check if there are some conflicts.

regards,

Ashutosh