cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Licenses with MS SQL Server DB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please note that we have procured SAP Licenses with MS SQL Server DB.

Please respond on following :

1. What proof we can have from SAP for proving this to Microsoft.

2. Do I need SQL Server licenses separately for ECC, EP and BW,etc Environment as I have procured SQL from SAP. Means Can we install MS SQL separately on each server for ECC Dev, ECC Quality, ECC Prod, EP Dev, EP Prod, BW Dev, BW Prod etc.

Thanks with best regards,

BS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had an audit by Microsoft a year ago; they asked for proof of purchase, and we had to send them a copy of the invoice which detailed the purchase. In our case, this was from a Systems Integrator rather than from SAP directly.

Your agreement should show the number of systems that you will be running, and this indicates the number of SQL server installations that you can have.

Regards

Tony

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

1. What proof we can have from SAP for proving this to Microsoft.

You should get EULA ( End User License Agreement) from SAP. This contains all the required information.

2. Do I need SQL Server licenses separately for ECC, EP and BW,etc Environment as I have procured SQL from SAP. Means Can we install MS SQL separately on each server for ECC Dev, ECC Quality, ECC Prod, EP Dev, EP Prod, BW Dev, BW Prod etc.

If you have procured SAP license for ECC, EP and BW on MSSQL database from SAP, you can definitely install MSSQL separately on each server for DEV, QAS and PRD for ECC,EP and BW.

Regards,

Deepak Kori