Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publish to Service Registry from PI

former_member260907
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

This is my first time to use Service Registry. Now I am trying to publish my service interface to SR. I am doing this: from Enterprise Services Builder, open a inbound service interface, under WSDL tab, I click Publish. I got error says "Error when connecting to services registry". And I got the same error when I tried to publish from ID sender agreement. But our Basis says connection has already set up, and UDDI server has been configured. I must missed some steps during publish. Is there anyone can give me a guide? Do I need to do any configurations in Service Registry or ESR before I could do publish? Is there any step by step guide on what I should do? How to solve my connection error?

Thanks,

Charles

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SR not configured correctly and communication not established.

refer below blog

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you seen this link? I believe basis team did not complete their steps.

and

[link2|http://www.riyaz.net/sap/pi-71-publishing-service-interface-as-a-webservice-in-sr/527/]

former_member260907
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar,

Thanks for the reply. I think that too. But our basis said setting is all correct. Can you please check your link2? Seem it does not work. Thanks,

Charles.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should probably do a bit of research of how a Services Registry works in general first. The most important thing to understand is that it's only used at design time (for sevice discovery & development work) & not at runtime. An SR is not mandatory in a web service environment & SAP delivered Enterprise Services are 'always' on the the backend, you can view these with TCode SPROXY for example.

Also, what you see in the SR is what you explicitly publish in there. You still need to configure the service endpoints for your specific requirements (authentication etc.), SAP can't decide this for you.

You should get a better understanding of how SOA works, where the SR fits into the picture, where the ESR fits into the picture & the architecture of web services in an SAP environment.

Publish to Service Registry in PI 7.1.

Configuring the Services Registry

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/46/94dd02c7b915ebe10000000a114a6b/frameset.htm

Also don't forget to assign Services Registry roles for your administration user.

regards,

ganesh.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That link seems to be inactive now.. You can verify the sap help link above specified.

former_member260907
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ganesh,

For my understanding is if we need to exposure the web service to 3rd party ( for really time exchange data), we have to register it in SR. Otherwise, how they can find it? If we don't publish, where do we put the wsdl for 3rd party to use?

Thanks for the answer.

Charles

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Publish service registry is option. Either you can publish the webservice in the service registry and let the customer to download the wsdl from the registry for creating webservice client code or you can simply pass the wsdl after you generate from sender agreement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Above baskar and raj said, Publish service registry is an option.we have to publish web service registry or you have create ESR objects and generate webservice as per your customer requirement. In ID menu we have Tools option there we have option like generate webservice, there you can generate webservice.

regards,

ganesh.

former_member260907
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar,

Thanks for reply. In order to let the 3rd party (actually is me, I have to create web service client) be able to create service client, once downloaded WSDL, I have to publish it to some other web service server (like glass fish), right? So if I publish it into SR in PI, I can directly use it. Am I right?

Thanks,

Charles.