cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information Steward Scorecard

0 Kudos

I am running BO 4.0 and I have created a Information Steward project with a scorecard. I was wondering if there was a way to directly link to this scorecard or a way to post it to an SAP Portal iview?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Timothy,

Did you ever find a solution to this problem?  I need to do the same thing now with a client on 4.0, who cannot yet upgrade to 4.1 for various reasons. We want to build a workaround in the meanwhile and am wondering whether you found a solution to this?  Perhaps a direct table read on the IS repo?  Do you perhaps know in which table the scorecard information is held?

Regards,

Tarynn

0 Kudos

Tarynn,

We never did for the 4.0 version. The client went live with just a link from the Enterprise Portal to BOBJ Dashboard and then the user had to navigate to the report. After they upgraded to 4.1 they used the method descibed above to redo their design and link directly to scorecards.

Thanks,

Tim

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pl close the thread if your question is resloved, let us know if you are looking for more information.

thx

deep

NielsWeigel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

We have added capability to expose a DQ Scorecard defined within SAP Information Steward via an URL to any application that can embed URLs. This is part of SAP Information Steward 4.1 that is currently in Ramp-Up.

This is one of the major integration points to our SAP Master Data Governance solution, together with the extended Failed Record Database to enable MDG users within their Business Client to directly initiate tracked data remediation activity.

Niels

Former Member
0 Kudos

Niels,

I believe that there is a Rapid Deployment solution to extend the failed records with MDG with the Business Client to initiate a change request. I work for a premium partner company and do have access to Ramp-up's, so I believe I can download and implement them.

I would appreciate if you can point me to acquire it which would enable me to complete my goal.

Teny D

NielsWeigel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Teny,

first point of entry might be Markus Ganser's great blog:

http://scn.sap.com/community/mdm/master-data-governance/blog/2012/05/23/benefit-from-the-new-rapid-d...

Quicklink to the SMP (Logon Required) is http://service.sap.com/rds-mdg

Niels

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Very Much Niels.,

I was able to download, I'll follow the documentation for configuration and get in touch again if I need any further assistance.

Teny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Niels,

We may need you assistance on the RDS.

We may need to import SCA file (sap.com~BPMDGIS~MAIN_ADDON1SP_C~20120417135730.sca) into the Enterprise Portal to see Master Data Governance with Information Stewardship in Portal Content

We need to get the SCA file and document doesn't have any coding. So, we may need text file (Coding.txt) which will have the code which is just a image in the document.

also the attributes for the structure ZRDSMDQRTS_RTJOB_MDG_FAILED_D1, ZRDSMDQRTS_RTJOB_MDG_FAILED_D2 are not defined, Please help us on the attributes for the structure.

Thank You

Teny

NielsWeigel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Teny,

I am sorry, but I am not the detail matter expert for this RDS Master Data Governance with Information Stewardship option. However I was happy answering your basic questions.

I have to point you to the contacts for the SAP Rapid Deployment Solution which are listed on the Service Market Place ( http://service.sap.com/rds-mdg --> Solution Delivery --> Contacts ).

I am sure this team can help you with the details like undefined attributes and missing text files.

Best regards,

Niels

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niels,

Are you saying that it is not at all possible to share a scorecard URL via a portal in 4.0 and that the only way this is is possible is to upgrade to 4.1?

Regards,

Tarynn

0 Kudos

There's no way to directly link to the scorecard. You can always link to business objects from the portal with SSO, but then users will need to navigate to the scorecard.

NielsWeigel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Tarynn,

I hope there is no confusion with version numbers on SAP Information Steward vs. SAP BusinessObjects Information Platform:

We have added to Information Steward the capability to natively expose its DQ Scorecard to "any external application that can show a URL" with version 4.1 of Information Steward. IS 4.0 does not include a way to expose just a DQ Scorecard viy an URL, in the IS 4.0 version, you were only able to view the DQ Scorecard within the IS application.

So running an Information Steward 4.1+ solution in your landscape can expose its DQ Scorecard via an URL and a BOE/BIP 4.0 system might be able to call this URL or better said embed this URL into its system.

Niels

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not think in current version of IS there ia any way through which you can connect the score card with SAP Portal as there is not interface inbulit, no web services or no specific template.

thx

deep