cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Access Review (UAR): Role Assignment Syncronization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All--

I am testing UAR and, in the process, uploaded a manual Role Usage Syncronization file to ERM for test purposes. Now I cannot get an accurate reflection of the true roles assigned in the back-end system because these manually uploaded assignments keep coming through in addition to the back-end system assignments. I have tried uploading a subsequent template "expiring" these role assignments, with no luck. I have also tried running the Role Usage Syncronization job in ERM with the date set to before I uploaded the manual file with no luck. How can I purge all role assignment/usage information from ERM and get a clean syncronization?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member197694
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

As per my understaing you need to import roles from backend system through ROLE IMPORT option in NWBC with certain parametrs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baithi--

Thanks for the reply. I forgot to mention that we are running v5.3. I believe your suggestion related to v10. Any other thoughts?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Check config. guide.: http://service.sap.com/instguides or directly at http://service.sap.com/~sapdownload/011000358700001913042008E/AC53_CG_Final_en_Dec_2010.pdf

in section "Role Usage Synchronization". I guess you should try with this, as stated in the guide:

"If you want to overwrite previously synched data, schedule the job for an earlier date. For example, the previous synchronization is January 15, 2009. To overwrite the synchronized data, schedule a new job to run January 14 or earlier"

Cheers,

Diego.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deigo--

Yes.. I tried that. Still no luck. Is there any way to purge the entire usage table and then start over?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm sure there's a way to do that, because this information is stored in tables like for example VT_RE_ROLE_USG.

I'd contact SAP if you can't purge the info following the described procedure in the guide.

Cheers,

Diego.