cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

500 Internal Server Error SAP NetWeaver Application Server/Java AS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When we are applying the License in NW7.3, after opeing the license page, it is throwing the error below.

500 Internal Server Error SAP NetWeaver Application Server/Java AS.

The initial exception that caused the request to fail, was:

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1

at java.util.ArrayList.remove(ArrayList.java:390)

at com.sap.js.nwa.nav_engine.transitionengine.NWANavigationEngineImpl.removeFromHistory(NWANavigationEngineImpl.java:558)

at com.sap.lm.itsam.ui.floorplan.HistoryController.addToHistory(HistoryController.java:177)

at com.sap.lm.itsam.ui.floorplan.wdp.InternalHistoryController.addToHistory(InternalHistoryController.java:149)

at com.sap.lm.itsam.ui.floorplan.FloorPlan.addToHistory(FloorPlan.java:1286)

... 62 more

See full exception chain for details.

Failed to process request. Please contact your system administrator.

While processing the current request, an exception occured which could not be handled by the application or the framework.

If the information contained on this page doesn't help you to find and correct the cause of the problem, please contact your system administrator. To facilitate analysis of the problem, keep a copy of this error page. Hint: Most browsers allow to select all content, copy it and then paste it into an empty document (e.g. email or simple text file).

For further information about the Web Dynpro error page, error analysis and a description of well-known error situations, see SAP note 1113811.

I have checked the Note 1113811 and if I check the error no 500:

Cause: The requested application is not deployed on the server.

How can SAP miss the license deployment page?

However if you have any other direct link to apply license on NW7.3, please share it with me.

Thanks,

Rableen Khurana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rableen,

I don't think its an issue with "License" page on your /nwa.It must be a generic issue,which will be linked with JVM - Java version mismatch.

Please download correct version.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rableen,

Are you able to receive the initial screen of ur java page? And then when you are navigating to /nwa, are you receiving this error message? Please clarify on this so that I can provide my recommendations.

Best Regards,

Vasanth G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vasanth,

Exactly same thing is happening which u ask...

Please Tell us how to proceed...

Regards,

Rableen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rableen,

It does not seem like license issue to me.

500 Internal Server Error SAP NetWeaver Application Server/Java AS.

The initial exception that caused the request to fail, was:

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1

Looks like Java version mismatch issue. Please check your java version with SIDADM and ROOT user.

You can restart your Java server and see if license page works or not.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rableen,

1). Did you check whether the license app is up and running in "Java Components" in MMC ?

2). Did you try restarting App, DB and Server ?

3). Also please check all the services are up in NWA.

If Only the License page is issue, you can check with SAP too.

No License, should bring whole Java down not only the license app page.

Make sure, you have completed all your post-installation steps and if you still getting App not found errors. Then as Amit suggested re-install would be good option.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Sravanthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rableen,

Is it the same system,where you were not able to access /nwa, and there was also 500 internal server error?

If yes then it seems that sapinst was not able to deploy lots of components.

If its fresh installation, and there are no data then I think that new installation is better option, otherwise you might face error in something else again.

Lets see what senior SDN members suggests

Regards,

Amit Barnawal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to install a valid j2ee_engine license within 30 minutes once your instance is up. After this time, the instance will shut down.

Not sure how, but check if you can apply license from OS level.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Varun