Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection lot creation logic related movement type

former_member188010
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear QM Guru,

I'm newly for QM module

I would like to know how config of movement type and lot origin under below config relate to inspection lot creation.

Quality Management>Quality Inspection>Inspection for Goods Movements-->Movement Type/Update Control/Inspection Lot Origin

i try to delete all record of customized movement type 949 that i think it copy from movement type 501 in this customizing then try to GR with this movement type, so system still generate inspection as normal.

then i re-insert the movement back into this customizing again then i wonder that system automatic fill in lot origin for me and this field also gray that not changeable

how system know the appropriate lot origin for this customized movement type?

Please anyone explain to me.

Thank in advance

Konnapa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Around version 4.0 SAP removed the ability to change the inspection origin associated with a movement type. Too mnay problems with people not understanding what this actually involved and it caused a lot of problems with people trying to use incompatiable inspection origins with the wrong movement types. So it was stopped.

You can not modify the inspection origin filed. If you create a custom movement type, the origin comes along from the movement type you copied.

FF

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Inspection lot origins are assigned to movement types in standart. The assignment is hardcoded and cannot be changed. In this customization step you can only see the origin assigned. When you copy movement types from standart the assigned inspection origin also gets copied, and you also cannot chenge this assignment.

What you can do is to activate inspection for each movement type, or to customize selection of the inspection type within the inspection origin assigned.

Regards.

former_member188010
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear FF and Ozgen,

Your both explanation is very clear for me.

i put score 10 to FF because just he reply first.

Thank you

Konnapa.