cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to switch between 3rd party ftp server using PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are having typical file to proxy interface via PI.

Currently we are using file adapter (ftp) to pick the file from the server

But now the Vendor is saying that they are bringing a new server for load balancing.

My doubt is what all changes do we need to incorporate in the PI,so how can we achive this???

Regards

Naveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

What you need to do should be really simple. You just create another Sender Agreement and Sender Communication Channel for your scenario, for the same Communication Component and same Interface. Thanks to that, PI will receive messages from the additional FTP server. After the message is collected from the server, it will be processed just like ones from the initial FTP you used, because of the rest of your configuration: Receiver Determination and so forth - they will work with no further changes thanks to the fact that Interface and Sender Communication Component are the same.

Hope this helps,

Grzegorz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

But i think i am bit unclear in my question.

My doubt is our vendor is saying that they are bringing new server (xx.xx.xx.xx) and existing server (yy.yy.yy.yy) will also be used.

both these servers will be used,generally the server (yy.yy.yy.yy) will be used but in case if the load increases it will automatically switch to server (xx.xx.xx.xx).

But my settings are for the server (yy.yy.yy.yy) and when they switch to server (xx.xx.xx.xx) my channel will not be able to pick the file from that server,now how to dealt with this situation??

how i could do settings which will be valid for both the situations...

Regards

Naveen

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont think it is possible to connet two FTP systems using one channel cofiguration. if client creating two FTP Systems ask him to use one FTP for some scenarios and second ftp for some scenarios.

else you need some work around like creating two channels and pointing two FTP servers ,kind of replica with new FTP settings.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

It is not possible to configure 2 FTP servers using a single communication channel.

Instead, you have to create 2 different interfaces.. to run on both the servers. Keep the communication channels active of yy.yy.yyy.yy active and when the server is switched to another you can activate the other interface communication channels.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Hareen,

I understood that by doing these settings ,i will be able to communicate with both the servers .

But in case if i am using soap scenario synchronous interface i will receive the response from both the server,than how will i distinguish that which response do i need to pass to the sap,because both will return the response, even if one server is always down.

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to communicate with your Vendor to distinguish between both the servers in the response message.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First ask the vendor if with the new load balancing server, will they provide a new FTP address (hostname/IP) or not? If not, then you don't have to do anything. Only if there is a new IP/hostname, you have to follow above mentioned suggestions.

Regards,

Prateek Raj Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

U have to create the another communication channel and also sender agreement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to configure your interface to read files from that server also.