cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Sizing Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My Client needs to implement ECC 6.0 & EP 7.0. I have been asked to size the servers & send it to Infrascruture group.I do not have much inputs from the business.These are the only inputs available now.

1. Total Number of Users= 34000

2. ECC 6.0 will be used as HR/Payroll (standalone HCM).It will generate payslips for 34000 users. ESS/MSS Medium will be used.

3 All 34000 users will login through EP to check personal details & payslips

Needs your guidance to size it.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member204080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try using The Quick Sizer

http://service.sap.com /quicksizing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Murali With these minimal requirements it's not possible to size through Quicksizer,,

So I need help from all of you.. Only thing that is confirm is 34000 users.

So I need a standard SAP sizing from your experience.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Das,

It's quite difficult to tell, lets say we have sized for 80,000 SAPS for 3500 concurrent users. So you will need the actual concurrent user information for sizing. You definetly can't use 360000 in the sizing tool, you can't belive the no.of SAPS you will get this. First you would need the appox concurrent users. Then we usually ad 20 to 30% of what you get from the quick sizer.

Also with this huge no.of users using it you need to think of installing appserver to split the saps and memory.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vamshi for the information.

Just now I got the confirmation from Business that there will be 34000 users out of which 3500 would be the concurrent users.Can you help me out now?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Das,

Please go through the following guide to work with Quick Sizing tool. It's self-explanatory guide.

https://websmp104.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000523272005

Good Luck.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

Edited by: Siva Kumar Arivinti on Jan 6, 2012 6:23 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siva I know the quicksizing link & document..

My problem is that I do not have enough information at this moment to size..So I need all your help so that from your experience point of view you can provide some sizing.I have already mentioned total & concurrent number of users.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Das,

Client has to finally approve this. I suggest you to get all necessary information from your client only.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar