cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why PO printed off with #sign instead of space in sapscript?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Why the spaces between words come out with the hash # sign on the purchase order in sapscript?

It shoud be printed with the space instead of # sign. However short text on PO looks ok.

Could someone guide me to resolve this issue?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alice,

Got any pointer for the issue ?

I am also facing the same problem..!!

Thanking You All..!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankita,

Change the data type of the short text and try .

Thanks & Regards,

Pramodh.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramodh,

Thanks for the reply.

It was infact related to Device Type of the Output Device used.

We solved the issue by changing the Device Type to a Unicode Supporting Device type.

Thanking You All..!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

i am  also facing same problem  in my smart form  i think while declaring u r used char30 li ke that instead of that it is better to use string in my issue it is cleared when i am  changing  the data type

please try this once

And also try to pass that string value to function module   RKD_WORD_WRAP  and capture the out put check this out put may u r issue is resolved .

Thanks & Regards ,

Pramodh.

nabheetscn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What do you see in debugger?

Nabheet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friend,

You can resolve this issue by do this command,

&vbeln(C)&

This will compress the spaces.

But why # is coming instead of space is still in hold checking for it.

Thanks,

Sri Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried the command which is suggested by you but the PO still comes out with the # sign.

Below is a description of the PO.

1. Balde#de#engrase#manual#de#6#kg (come out with hash sign instead of space)

2. Engrasador#neumático#de#500#grs

Could you advice please?

Thanks.

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try using unicode device type SWINCF to create the spool and print. It is likely that this is a special space character(NBSP) not supported by non-unicode device type.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friend,

The # identifies the field separation. Its because of that noting else.

So try creating a structure of that type and assign fields to it respectively.

For clear understanding just debug in your driver program and see you can understand.

When you are trying a table record into a single string or a single field the # is the indication to separate the fields.

Just try using structure. If you face queries please revert back to me.

Thanks,

Sri Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am still new in abap. Could you please provide some example for creating a structure of that type and assign fields to it respectively.

Could you please advice?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friend,

Its simple.

Create a global structure for the fields which you are going to display in SE11 transaction.

Create a table type for the same structure.

(If you dont know the steps just see in net there are ample of information provided).

Then in the driver program populate the internal table if its having multiple values or populate the structure if it has single value.

Pass that internal table or structure to the smartform using the function module SSF_FUNCTION_MODULE_NAME.

Then in the smartform in the form interface you can get that internal table or the structure.

If you need the content in internal table to be printed in a table format and loop the table into that structure and print it one by one.

If its a table the fields will be mapped directly.

You can assign the fields by adding a text in any window you want. And in that text screen you can find field insert button just click on it, it will display a window enter the name of the field you need to display.

I think this will solve your issue if you face any queries please revert back to me i will help you.

Thanks,

Sri Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem is appearing from PO description. How do I create a global structure for the fields to display in SE11?

I am not sure whether I have found a correct steps from the internet. Could you please provide some example?

As you have mentioned to pass that internal table or structure to the smartform using the function module SSF_FUNCTION_MODULE_NAME.

But I'm using the sapscript rather than smartform.

Could you please help?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friend,

Sorry i was posting all these links that for smart forms.

Just check these things,

Are you looping the final internal table and then inside that are you writing the smart form.

Are you specifying the fields in the smartform correctly in the text elements and separate it correctly.

Also have you specified all the elements correctly in Write Form,

If you have done all this correctly then just try using separate element for separate field then i think it will surely solve the problem

Just check all these and revert back to me if you face any issues i will help you.

Thanks,

Sri Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

How is your description stored in SAP...In debug, do you see hex 20 (space) or something else where the space is supposed to be? I would guess that your descriptions have somehow been stored with something other than space between the words. If that is the case, you can turn off Unicode in attributes, define the problem character like data: junk(1) type x value 'nn' where nn is the two-digit hex value, then using ABAP statement: replace all occurrences of junk in your_desc_field with ' '.