cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An unsecured or incorrectly secured fault was received from the other party

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are getting the error "An unsecured or incorrectly secured fault was received from the other party" on SharePoint. We tried all the troubleshooting procedures which have been mentioned in the 'Troubleshooting - Duet Enterprise 1.0' page 8. Still we are out of luck. Please suggest a solution for this problem.

Thanks,

Pranil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

binson
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Pranil,

Are there any logs available in SRT_UTIL in Gateway system and in ULS logs in SharePoint server?

This error can happen because of multiple issues, so please check above 2 locations for more specific information.

Regards,

Binson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Binson,

I see the log message 'User assignment of name ID company\user (format: unspecified) failed' in both SRT_UTIL in SAP and ULS logs of SharePoint.

Thanks,

Pranil

binson
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Pranil,

This means that the user mapping between SharePoint user and Gateway user is not properly done in Gateway system.

Please check USREXTID table in Gateway system ( Transaction: SE11 ) and verify that your SharePoint user is mapped to

some gateway user with following values

EXTID: SharePoint::<domain>\<username>

BNAME: <gateway user id>

ISSUERH: 4B56AF090544FEC4E07BF23C0B93EE70

If this mapping is not proper, then please refer to "Mapping User Data in the SAP System and the SharePoint Server" section in Duet Enterprise deployment guide.

If you need more assistance for this topic, you can raise a message.

Regards,

Binson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Binson,

Thanks for your reply!

I do see an entry in the USREXTID table with the following values.

EXTID: SharePoint::<domain>\<username>

BNAME: <gateway user id>

ISSUERH: 4487FC7D62411EE0BBD0D4ABA73BED6E

Is there something which has to be done from the SharePoint end?

Regards,

Pranil

binson
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Pranil,

The ISSUERH value is different from what i mentioned above.

Please do the user mapping once again from following SIMGH.

If you are using Duet Enterprise 1.0: SIMGH -> Service Consumption Layer Administration -> Consumer Settings -> Map SAP User Names to Consumer

if you are using Duet Enterprise Feature Pack: SIMGH -> Project Gateway Configuration -> Consumer Settings -> Map SAP User Names to Consumer

While doing the user mapping please make sure that you have given following value for "Optional: Name of Issuer" field as mentioned in Deployment Guide.

CN=SharePoint Security Token Service, OU=SharePoint, O=Microsoft, C=US

Regards,

Binson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranil,

one other thing that you could check is the following. You said that you get the error:

'User assignment of name ID company\user (format: unspecified) failed'

in SRTUTIL.

With this information go to SM30 -> Table / View: VUSREXTID -> select Display -> select SA for saml and make sure that the entry for

SharePoint::<domain>\<username>

is the exact same (including uppercase / lowercase) as mentioned in the SRTUTIL error message.

Usually what I do when I get this kind of error, I just copy an existing user entry and paste the company\user from the SRTUTIL error to the user part (but of course still keep the SharePoint::).

Regards,

Holger.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Holger. The issue was with the domain name being in upper case in the table USREXTID. I just changed it to lower case/ the way it appeared in the error message. Issue has been fixed now.

Regards,

Pranil

Answers (0)