cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Limit issue during PGI despite Credit available to customer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have configured for Credit Management for Customer.

Everything was working perfectly fine for a very long time. But now there suddenly seems to be an issue. The customer has available credit but still the system does not allow us to do PGI. It gives an error message that the customer credit limit has been exceeded.

We checked in FBL5n and found that credit is available. There are no backlogs. But in FD32 we found that the credit exposure shows values in positive and the Blocked check box is ticked therefore blocking the customer. When we checked through Menu path - Environment - Sales & Distribution Docs - Open Orders and Open Deliveries , here we found that in table S067 there are open orders and open deliveries. But upon cross checking with VA05n and VL06/Vl04, we found no open deliveries or open sales orders.

This seems to us as a strange issue that the system is not updating the LIS table although we have not configured for LIS.

We contacted SAP for this and were given a temporary solution to execute program RVDREK77 to clear the table. But this dosent seem to be a permanent solution since we have to run this everyday as a background job. Also this program can be run only when no other transaction happens in SAP.

If anyone has faced a similar problem, I would request to suggest us a permanent solution for this.

Thanks & Regards,

Rohan Gudavalli.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kalyan_mokirala
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

As per my understanding of the issue, There is problem in credit updation. To manage this you have to run the program RVKRED77. On executing this program system will reorganize the credit in case of update errors. Please have this execution done once in a week during week ends for required credit control areas. This is quite common problem we encounter regarding the updation of credit and the only way is to run the mentioned program periodically.

As you know normally in credit S066 and S067 information structures are involved in the updation. These information structures work in tandem with the update group which is assigned in OVA8 screen resulting in the updation of credit.

When an order is created S066 information structure gets effected and OEIKW field value gets increased.

When order is delivered S066-OEIKW gets decreased and S067-OLIKW gets increased.

When delivery is billed S067-OLIKW gets decreased and S067-OFAKW gets increased.

So credit is completely controlled by the information structures and the update group. Some times it happens that system will not be able to update the credit. To re-organize the credit incase of update errors please have a background job set up done prferably during week endsfor the program RVKRED77.

As you are saying that you have problem with only one customer; please check whether oldest open items check is evaluated.

Please use the program Check_CM to analyze the credit. On inputing the order number or the delivery number you can get the complete analysis of the credit done for the order or delivery.

Hope this explains.

Edited by: mokirala tilak on Jan 6, 2012 6:21 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tilak,

What you have described is exactly what is happening. We are also running the same program periodically; in our case, daily since the volume of customers is very huge(not only one customer but almost all customers).

We are trying to look for an alternative permanent solution since we have close to 80divisions across the globe and we set background job for one division per day as we have close to 6000customers per division. The turn of 1st division comes again after 80days. Hence the problem.

If you could suggest a permanent solution for this it would be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Rohan Gudavalli.

former_member365422
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rohan,

I dont think there is any permanent solution to correct update errors.

Option 1:

For your problem please refer SAP Note 363343 - "Parallel processing of RVKRED77 if the runtime is too long".

Even this note may not solve the problem but could be of some help.

Option 2:

Not all customers are having update errors.

Refer "SAP Note 666587 - Check for incorrect open credit values" and develop a report which will give you the list of customers having incorrect values in S066 and S067. Now run RVKRED77 only for these customers.

You can develop a Z program using both reports

For ex. first get the list of customers having incorrect values take it in to internal table and call RVKRED77 and pass those customers for processing."

I guess this will significantly reduce your runtime and all the customers can be processed daily.

I hope this is helpful.

Regards

Mayank

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

I suggest to get the customer unblocked in FD32 and check again.

It seems that customer was blocked recently after SO/Delivery was created.

Please update on results.

Thanks

Kintu

Former Member
0 Kudos

There seems to be a little confusion over my post.

I also have an update to my post. The customer was blocked due to a BDC that was run by the user. However the issue with table S067 not getting updated still remains.

As far as unblocking the customer is concerned, we have already done that and are releasing the deliveries manually through vkm5 or running report RVKRED77 program in the background to clear table S067.

Any suggestions in this regard would be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Rohan Gudavalli.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Uncheck the 'Blocked' check box in FD32.

Then the customer will not be blocked if there is enough credit available.

Also execute report RVKRED01 and check, you will get the complete credit info for the customer document wise.

Regards

Madhu

Edited by: Madhu Naidu on Jan 6, 2012 8:00 AM

Edited by: Madhu Naidu on Jan 6, 2012 8:06 AM

Edited by: Madhu Naidu on Jan 6, 2012 8:07 AM