Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

single sign-on on abap and java (dual stack) install

former_member1173626
Participant
0 Kudos

hi.

in our landscapes we have only implemented several AS java systems.

now we want to implement a dual stack (AS abap and AS java) system with logon tickets. in the help, i read that for dual stack, we have to change the client id (which is default 000). but in another page, it said this was necessary only for the add-in installation only.

i am confused as to whether we need to do this or not because to me a dual stack install is different from the add-in installation.

plz advise.

cheers,

mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member1173626
Participant
0 Kudos

hi srinivasan,

that's a good reference, and thanks.

but it doesn't clarify whether or not i need to change the client id because my system is a dual stack. i found conflicting info on sap help. one page says i need to change client id if system is add-in install, other page says i need to change client if both stacks are installed.

i was lead to believe that add-in install is different from dual stack install, so that's the base of confusion.

thx,

mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally after installing ABAP, Java is installed as Add-in, thus forming a dual-stack. It means one and the same. So you can carry out changing client id where both stacks are installed, as suggested by SAP help.

Regards

Srinivasan T

former_member1173626
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Srinivasan,

ok i better underrstand now. thanks for the clarification.

best rgds,

mike

Answers (0)