cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information Design Tool - Prompts with Dynamic LOV's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In the Business View Layer of the new Information Design Tool I am having issues getting a dynamic list of values to work in a pre-defined filter that contains a prompt referencing the dynamic list of values.

Let me explain...

I have created a List of Values based on a Custom Hierarchy and called it Hospital Ward.

Hospital

Ward

When I preview this List of Values, it shows me Hospital and when I expand a Hospital I can see which Wards belong to that hospital. Perfect.

Next I create a Parameter, called 'Hospital > Ward Prompt' that allows multiple values and references the Hospital Ward LOV that I have just created.

Next, I create a filter and call it, Prompt Hospital Ward with the following definition:

@select(Hospital\Ward Description) in @prompt(Hospital > Ward Prompt)

I then proceeded to test the Prompt Hospital Ward filter in a Query.

Result Object:

Ward Description

Query Filter:

Prompt Hospital Ward

I execute the Query and the prompt pops up with the List of Values of Hospital > Ward. I expand Hospital and I can see all the Wards associated with that Hospital. I select 5 Wards and click OK. No data is returned.

Tell me what I have done wrong in this scenario? I think this is a bug with the IDT tool.

Why...because I can get the dynamic List of Values to work, when I don't created a pre-defined filter.

If I make the List of Values for the Object Ward Description reference the Hospital Ward LOV and then create the same query again, but this time, in the Query Filter, I don't select the pre-defined filter and use the Result Object in the Query Filter as well and prompt for the List of Value Hospital Ward, it works.

Result Object:

Ward Description

Query Filter:

Ward Description In List Prompt Hospital Ward LOV

This works and filters correctly.

The SQL looks like this:

SELECT

Dim_Ward.WardDescription

FROM

Dim_Ward

WHERE

Dim_Ward.WardCode IN @prompt('Select a Hospital, then a one or more Wards','A:A','Hospital_Ward LOV':'Ward Description',Multi:Any,Primary_key,Persistent,,User:-1)

Just wondering, really, why I cannot get the same to work with a pre-defined filter?

Thanks,

Ainsley

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hello guys,

Anyone could find out this solution? We are in the same page. Pre-defined filter works ok when testing in IDT, but not in Web Intelligence!!

Thanks a lot,

Marcelo

former_member203850
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing the same issue in my project. Anyone is having idea " How to fix the prompts order in information design tool ?  ( User:0 option is not working in IDT)"

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've just noticed in my SQL, that even though I have specified to filter on Ward Description the in SQL, it has automatically replaced the Description with Dim_Ward.WardCode.

I am select descriptive values, so I don't understand why it works with Dim_Ward.WardCode, when I though it should work with Dim_Ward.WardDescription.

So I have updated my pre-defined filter to use @select(Hospital\Ward Code) in @prompt(Hospital > Ward Prompt) and it now works.

A feature of IDT or a bug? I'm confused.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am now finding that the Dynamic LOV is not working in BI 4.0 Web Intelligence.

When the list of values loads into view at the prompt, it only shows the Hospital. It does not allow me to expand Hospital and select a Ward.

This all works perfectly when testing within the Information Design Tool, Business Layer, Query area, but not in Web Intelligence.

The version of Business Objects installed here is SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.0 Edge SP02 Patch 9.

Anyone else worked much with Dynamic LOVs in the new version of BusinessObjects?

Thanks,

Ainsley