cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EAN 128 / GS1-128 barcode in Smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am able to print Code 128 barcode in Smartforms as it is SAP standard so it is starightforward. From my understanding EAN 128 / GS1-128 barcode is not standard but it looks like from other forums that it is done before.

Can some give me details on how to print EAN 128 barcode in Smartforms. It will be helpful if the solution provide deals with SAP and not using a thrid party software. As I have read it can be done by using a third party software but I would perfer a solution where I can manipulate the provided barcode standard by SAP so that it will print EAN 128 standard barcode with AI (application identifier).

Thanks for help in advance.

Lee

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friend,

Hope you know how to upload a custom bar code into smart form.

Now your problem is to use the EAN 128 bar code with AI.

I think this below link will give you a good idea about it.

Link: [AI display in form EAN128 barcode|;

If you need any other things related to it just type "SAP + Forms + How to display EAN 128 bar code" in google there are many resources available which will help you to solve your problem more easily.

If you still face issues after this all please revert back to me i will help you.

Thanks,

Sri Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am able to use Code 128 barcode perfectly fine in Smartform. The question is how do i manipulate it so it will print EAN 128 barcode instead.

I have seen that some have suggesting using >8 to make it work. But when and where do i use that?

Thanks

Lee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friend,

I am sorry to say this, i cant understand your question clearly.

Are you asking that by using the same code 128 format you need to make it display as EAN 128 barcode format.

Is that your question please elaborate so that i will help you much better.

Thanks,

Sri Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

Well I am able to print Code 128 barcode but not EAN 128 / GS1-128. I have created ZBARCODE in SE73 which is of type Code 128. Now that ZBARCODE has been used in ZSTYLE which is again used in Smartform. That will print Code 128 barcode but thats not exactly what I want.

I have read in other threads that they used >8 in front of the value to make it EAN 128 barcode but that part is not working for me. I thought we could use Code 128 and then add >8 infront of the value of for example material nr.

Lets say I want to print barcode material nr which will have AI 240 and material nr 04564.

You said I need to upload a custom bar code into Smartform? What do you mean by that?

Or am I doing completely wrong?

Thanks

Lee

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

arthur_viool
Explorer
0 Kudos

For people who are still searching for answers:

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can create a system barcode with type code 128 and assign it to your smartform style

Go to SE73 and select system barcodes -> Click on Change button -> Click on Create (or F5) -> Select New Bar Code technology -> Give a Z Bar code name -> Select Code 128 -> Select Normal -> Choose default (06/00150/A) -> Save

In the smartform styles add character format BC with parameter name as barcode you just created

Print the barcode by assigning character format that you created in the smartstlyes.

Also there is a SAP supplied barcode BCEANH in SE73 that uses old technology. I never used this, but it looks like this needs a little formatting in the smartform, refer this thread

You can try that too. Also there may be printer compatibility while printing a barcode, that you need to consult your basis team with