cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

message mapping works in test but not always in real time

Former Member
0 Kudos

i made a change to a message mapping, tested it manually in development and it works - i then exported the change from development and imported into quality - Now when messages are sent , only some messages are mapping correctly with the new change. Some are not. But when i take the ones that don't work and manually test these in the enterprise services builder - the changes work. i don't get it. I don't understand why some messages work and some do not - and why when i manually try the ones that didn't work - they do now.

any ideas?

please and thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Julia,

I know it might sound trivial but also make sure that you do not have an inactive object version of this Message Mapping for your user. In this case, when you test the mapping in ID, PI uses the inactive version (which might map the field correctly), while in live operation it uses the active version, which could be a previous version (before some corrections, for instance).

Hope this will help you,

Grzegorz

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>Now when messages are sent , only some messages are mapping correctly with the new change. Some are not

This could be due to various reasons. First I might want you to analyse the data that appears in the runtime and see whether your mapping logic address for all critical data issues like constraints, limits. Plus Capture the runtime data and test it in mapping tool and debug.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tested the message in the mapping tool with debug and it worked. When the message runs realtime - it does not work.

abhay_rajhans2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Julia,

Can you pls provide the exact error it throws. That will help to analyze the issue further.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks but it doesn't throw an error - it just doesn't map an output field.

There is one output field ADDRESS and it may contain any of the following fields: Street number, street name, address type, Or apartment number. When I use the mapping tool with debug - the field gets mapped and the output payload contains the field ADDRESS. When the process runs real time - the field is bypassed and not mapped, the output payload does not include the field ADDRESS.

During real time processing, some output payloads contain the ADDRESS field and some output payloads do not.

again, i can take the input payload for the message that did not get mapped, go thru the mapping tool in debug and the output field ADDRESS is created.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since how long are you facing this problem? I have also seen some similar problems but it used to stay only for an hour or so which then I assumed must be due to some cache update issue. First check your PI version as per SAP Note 951318. If this is ok, try to do mapping refresh yourself using PI home page -> Administration -> Cache overview -> Single Repository Object Cache Refresh (provide Object IDs there).

Regards,

Prateek Raj Srivastava