Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documentation on user parameters set in SU3 or SU01?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all. I am trying to find documentation on the available user parameters set in SU3 for self-service or in SU01 by an admin.

I frequently have users with issues with various reports, exports, etc. When all else fails, I remove all of their user parameters, the issue is resolved, and I add them back one by one until I find the offending incorrect parameter.

Some of the parameters are self explanatory -- like Company Code, Currency, etc.

But other, like GWRE for Report Writer, is just a series of X's. Like -- X XXX XEX....

I can't figure out how to tell what most of them mean.

Thanks so much.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

Parameters are exactly not needed, it is present there just for user's benefit, as suppose user needs to access particular company code always,and he dont need to put that everytime,so he can put that in parameters and it will automatically get filled.

So its suggested that whenever you create new users, delete the parameters,users can maintain it on their own if its needed through SU3.

If extra parameters will be there ,it can create problem,but if its not there then it will not be problem,its just opposite to authorization, strange

Hope it helps,

Also look at below mentioned link

http://www.sap-img.com/basis/parameters-definition-and-details.htm

Regards,

Amit Barnawal

0 Kudos

Hi,

This parameter field automatically gets filled wen a user opens a particular T-code if corresponding object and value is maintained for it.If a user wants he can change the assigned parameters through SU3 .

0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

> Parameters are exactly not needed, it is present there just for user's benefit, as suppose user needs to access particular company code always,and he dont need to put that everytime,so he can put that in parameters and it will automatically get filled.

> Also look at below mentioned link

> http://www.sap-img.com/basis/parameters-definition-and-details.htm

Hi Amit,

That is not strictly true (and the link contains incorrect information).

Some parameters have historically been used to provide authorisation. One of the most commonly used ones is EFB which is used to allow creation of a PO without reference to a PR. That is only one example, there are lots in HR.

0 Kudos

Thanks Alex for correcting me, please provide some documents or link, where I can know everything about parameters.

Regards,

Amit Barnawal

Edited by: Amit Barnawal on Jan 6, 2012 11:06 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.