cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLM component on windows server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

I have to instal a CLM component for Sourcing 7.0 on an AIX server, but SAP told us that's impossible to do it, and we need a windows server.

We are ready to do it, but we wanna know if is neccesary to install 1 server for CLM against every server of sourcing, I mean 1 dev - 1 clm, 1 qas - 1 clm... or is possible to use the same server for the entire landscape?

I hope you can help me.

Best regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Edward,

The recommended approach would be use separate server for each landscape.

Regards,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you Vikram, but I have another question now.

We're on a landscape with alternancy between two sites, and we think that 6 MS servers only for contract lifecycle is so much. It's possible have 1 server for dev1/dev2, qas1/qas2 and prd1/prd2?

Best regards

0 Kudos

When you say, you have 2 sites, are those 2 completely different installations or are those two sites use the same CLM database? If itu2019s the former, Iu2019d suggest using separate server for each (separate server for Dev Site1 and separate server for Dev Site 2). Instead of procuring physical servers, you could also look at virtual servers as an option.

Regards,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have 2 sites on passive/active mode for HA. We don't wanna clustering the CLM servers.

0 Kudos

If active and passive instances are on the same hardware, itu2019s probably not a good HA strategy. I would suggest having separate servers.

Regards,

Vikram

0 Kudos

Hi Edward,

I was assuming you were talking about the application server, but after reading your initial message again, it sounds like you may be referring to just the Contract Generation server which has to be on windows. Is that correct?

If it is just the contract generation server, then it is ok to share the contract gen server for non productive systems. So for example, if you have Prod , QA and Dev, you could have 2 servers for prod (1 active and 1 passive) for HA purposes and the 3rd server shared by Dev and QA (assuming HA is not an issue with non productive system). Note, one potential downside of this approach is, if you upgrade Dev to a newer release, then during that window you wonu2019t be able to use contract gen on either QA or Dev as they will be in 2 different release levels.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vikram

Answers (0)