cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pdf image good in preview but distorted when printing without preview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, I have added a graphic to my adobe form and it looks good when I view the pdf. It also prints fine when I open the pdf and then print it. The problem is when the pdf is sent directly to the printer without previewing it, the image will print but the colors will be distorted.

The image was saved as 256 colors bmp and uploaded using SE78.

Any help is appreciated:). Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Transaction SE78, we usually use for Scripts and smartforms, so It could be the issue so try to upload from Adobe form builder (tcode SFP), click on layout tab, just drag image icon from library into your layout.

Below Thread would help you,

[;.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. I have tried:

1) using an image field and referencing the image on the server through url

2) getting the image from se78 in the report (abap code) in binary and passing as mime type image/bmp

3) getting the image from se78 in the report (abap code) in binary and the converting to a string and passing the string

All of these three techniques work to display the image on the pdf but when I print the image, the colors are distorted no matter technique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru, so based on the link you sent, I went back and uploaded images into the mime repository. I then dropped an image field on the form and then linked it to the image in the mime repository. I tried a .png, .bmp and .jpg and they all look good when they are displayed but when I go to print them on the color printer they have funny colored backgrounds.

I am at a loss? Do you know if there are maybe limitations on size or colors in the mime repository? Should I be putting the image somewhere else?

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI friend,

I think it might be the problem with the printer settings just check that else what it must have happened is some code gets trigerred during the print preview which makes the color to print correctly.

But while sending directly that part of code might not have been executed. Try to debug if possible and see whether its because of this else see the printer settings.

I think this might be the issue there might not be any error from smartform.

Just check the driver program print settings also.

If you still face issues please revert back to me i will help you.

Thanks,

Sri Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, thank you. I will debug and see.

Edited by: Katie Doody on Jan 6, 2012 7:45 AM

Edited by: Katie Doody on Jan 6, 2012 8:55 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, I checked the code and it is the same except for the preview parameter.

DATA: oppar TYPE sfpoutputparams.

oppar-NODIALOG = 'X'.

• if printing

if lv_print_sel = 'X'.

oppar-NOPREVIEW = 'X'.

oppar-REQDEL = 'X'.

oppar-device = 'PRINTER'.

else.

**preview only

oppar-PREVIEW = 'X'.

endif.

oppar-BUMODE = 'M'.

oppar-REQIMM = lv_print_sel.

oppar-JOB_PROFILE = 'Adobe/Print/DuplexLongEdge'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you possibly explain what I shouldbe looking for in the printer setting? Thanks.

Edited by: Katie Doody on Jan 9, 2012 11:30 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friend,

Sorry i dont know deeply about the printer settings.

Just contact your Basis team person for setting up these settings.

Because if print preview is correct and the print is wrong means surly its the problem with the printer.

Just try using different printer and see whether the output is coming correctly.

If its coming correctly then you can assume and work in that way.

Please revert back to me if you have any issues.

Thanks,

Sri Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have checked with the basis team and they believe it is an image problem. I have made sure it is 256 colors,etc. I am also able to print properly if I open the form in preview in adobe and then print. It does not print properly when it just prints immediately. I have tried multiple color printers and the image looks the same on all. The image is supposed to be blue and black and a white background. It prints with black writing and a red background. I have played with the resolution of the image which can cause the image to print with a yellow background.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI friend,

I think as you have made many trial and error methods with the help of the same image i think some color settings of the image may be changed.

Just create a simple smart form a test form and use this image over there and see whether its coming fine.

If its coming fine then some problem is there is our code we can sort out the issue then.

Please revert back to me after doing that. A smart form with only graphic, test is it coming correctly or not?

Thanks,

Sri Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, thanks for the reply. Just for clarity sake, this is an adobe form. I am able to print the image properly if I open the pdf in adobe (print preview) first and then print. It is only when it goes directly to the print job that the image does not print properly.

Thanks.

Edited by: Katie Doody on Jan 11, 2012 9:51 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I created a test smart form and used the same color image and when I display the smart form, the image is in black and white. It also prints in black and white. I went to double check everything and if I preview the image in se78, it shows in color. I also define the image as BCOL in the smartform.

Thanks for your help in this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to resolve this issue after putting a note into SAP. The problem was resolved by changing the device type to HP9500 (PCL color) on the printer settings in SPAD. SAP also referenced note 685571. This suggests to create one output device for color and another for black and white.

Thanks for all of your help.

Answers (0)