cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager 7.1 upgrade or configuration in Solman 7.0 EHP1

0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a Solution Manager 7.0 EhP1 and there is a project now to configure several functionalities on it such as Charm and Services desk among others. We have the option of configuring all the functionalities in SOlman 7.0 EHP1 or upgrading to 7.1 and then configure the functionalities in the new version.

I would like to know if anybody has implemented an upgrade of Solman 7.0 EHP1 to Solman 7.1 with some functionalities implemented.

I would like as well if in the fact the the Solman 7.0 EHP1 has several functionalities implemented complicates the upgrade to Solman 7.1. The fact that the upgrade is more complicated due to all the functionalities configured, would be important factor to upgrade to 7.1 instead configure it in 7.0 EHP1.

Any information about this would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance!

Raquel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We had CharM Lite, Monitoring, RCA, service desk and BPM. more over we have connection to HPQC, ARIS, UPerform and Redwood

After upgrade, theere were lots of post activities.

charm transaction types are replaced with new transaction types. we closed exoisting cycle and created new cycle so that new Transaction type is in use.

in 7.1 all Trxn type are changed from SD* to SM*

If you not configured anything yet, then its better you upgrade and then configure.

BR,

Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos
I would like as well if in the fact the the Solman 7.0 EHP1 has several functionalities implemented complicates the upgrade to Solman 7.1. The fact that the upgrade is more complicated due to all the functionalities configured, would be important factor to upgrade to 7.1 instead configure it in 7.0 EHP1.

I think you are better served by going to 7.1 in general, especially with long running functionalities such as ChaRM and SD.

Can you elaborate as to what has been implemented in 7.0 Ehp1?

0 Kudos

Hi,

Many thanks for your fast answer, as afar as I know only basic functionality (EWA reports) is configured in Solution Manager at the moment.

I would like to have some more arguments to support the upgrade option.

Regards,

Raquel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Newer functionality and more holistically speaking, an ALM Tool, arguably one of the best in the market should be more than enough to take you to 7.1

if all you have is EWA, there is no major risk associated, the new 7.1 has new transaction types for ChaRM and Service Desk, the functionalities of which are better rounded and can support more enterprise wide processes.

Graphical Business Blueprint tool, my favorite feature in 7.1 and enhanced features in Project Implementation tools will only help you manage your implementations/support projects better.

If all you have is EWA, I have half a mind to ask you to do a fresh install, and not bother with the upgrade. Saves you time and lot of effort as well.