cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No active server exists (WAS 6.20 SP 24 on XP)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've tried posting this message before, unfortunately i didn't get any helpful replies. This is preventing me from editing BSP apps; if anyone knows the solution to this I'd be happy!

Here we go: I extended my miniWAS 6.20 for another 90 days (not the first time), and now, whenever I try to save a program (SE38, SE80...) I get the following message:

'No active update server exists...'

I'm on SP24, whereas an OSS note (699447) points out similar problems after SP28. Anyone experienced similar issues?

Trond

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I did as well, after doing all my config in RZ10 to make sure everything was there I then found that I need to upgrade past SP28 and for all the nice features in BSP you need to go past SP41 anyway.

You can check my weblog on how I did it.

/people/sap.user72/blog/2004/09/06/mini-me-of-webas-620

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, I think my issue is more serious... according to my 6.20, "no application server offers an VB service", which I assume means there's something fundamentally unsound about my installation. I fear I may have to re-install here....

Former Member
0 Kudos

VB service?

The MiniWAS comes with only 1 or maybe 2 dialog instances active you have to active the rest in your Profile to avoid some of the startup errors.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My miniWAS used to work until I suddenly got these errors. Do you have any doc on how to activate these services? I've been getting the occasional error upon login ("please execute transaction SICK"), but until now, it hasn't been consistent or posed much of a problem. Which services have to be activated, and how? Sorry, I'm not a basis guy and the OSS doesn't seem to contain much on this...

Trond

Former Member
0 Kudos

OSS has nothing on this topic at all.

In your profile (RZ10) Extendend maintenance

rdisp/wp_no_dia = 2

rdisp/wp_no_btc = 2

rdisp/wp_no_spo = 1

rdisp/wp_no_vb = 1

rdisp/wp_no_enq = 1

That will activate the rest of the processes for the system. Then SICK should show OK, perhaps also modify your individual settings to the SAP recommended ones (not needed but helpful later on)

Most important though is to upgrade the thing if you are able.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It worked! Thanks a lot, this has prevented me from doing any serious work for some time now. I'll get on with the SP applications now!

Trond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Glad I could help, remember to mark the problem as solved to help those others out there with the same problem.

I guess I should point out that the MiniWAS is for test and demo purposes only. You are not legally allowed to transport something from it over to another system - or so I have been told.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Final question: in which directory should I put the Service Pack files? I'm receiving an error "17" when trying to read them via SPAM, and I can't change the default directory. The error signifies "problems reading directory".

Trond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Under your MiniWAS - trans - EPS - in and make sure you share your MiniWAS directory as "sapmnt"

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Craig, thanks for your guidance, but I hope you can help me here. TP system is complete, transaction SICK does not give any errors. After SPAM the files get distributed to the correct directories but... SPAM hangs, no support packages get imported. Do you have any guidance? Thanks, Tiest

Former Member
0 Kudos

/people/sap.user72/blog/2004/12/08/mini-me-of-was-620-the-saga-continues

Check that and see if that helps if not post back