cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading Solution Manager 7.0 (EHP 1) to 7.1 Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I would kindly need advise from scratch on how to carry out this Upgrading activity. Please kindly assist in providing me with the neccessary information and I would be very grateful.

Current System Details:-

Operating system:- AIX

Component version:- SAP EHP 1 for SAP Solution Manager 7.0

Database system & release :- ORACLE 10.2.0.5.0

Current SPAM Level:-

SAINT Version 700/0042

SAP_ABA SAPKA70104

SAP_BASIS SAPKB70104

PI BASIS SAPK-70104INPIBASIS

STPI SAPKITLRD4

CRMUIF SAPK50003INCRMUIF

SAP_BW SAPKW70104

SAP_AP SAPKNA7016

BBPCRM SAPKU50015

BI_CONT SAPK70404INBICONT

CPRXRPM SAPK40015INCPRXRPM

ST SAPKITL431

ST API SAPKITAB7F

STICO SAPK1507MINSTPL

ST SER SAPKITLOQ5

VIRSANH SAPK53316INVIRSANH

Thank you.

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

fredrik_borlie
Contributor
0 Kudos

John.

Ever considered to not perform the install?

We are looking in to the option of installing 7.1 in parallell with the 7.01 and then migrate the solutions using the transfer mechanisms available.

For us there are many reasons why this is more beneficial

For instance. we need to install the systems on virtual hostnames instead of physical as it is today. We are forced to migrate hardware to a vmware based solution and then we will for sure run into issues with the java-stack.

We also have quite a lot of systems in SMSY which are not 100% correctly defined (we have MANY SAP systems).

Reason here is that SMSY-data cannot be altered. In the upgrade it seems the LMDB is reading the SLD and SMSY and builds up the information in the DB. But then SMSY gets locked and we will never be able to clean this up. (this was recommendation from SAP).

We also have a lot of transactions that needs to be cleaned up. If we perform a new-install we don't have to clean up.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Frederik,

Finally, have you tried new installation and manual migration, then?

We are planning upgrade or new instalation to Solman 7.1, and for that reason we are investigating on this field.

Currently, the most important use of our Solman 7.0 ehp1 is Service Desk, and of course, we need to have tickets database accessible in new system.

Do you have any experience for this specific case?

Should we try new installation, or upgrade will be fine?

all comments will be much appreciated.

regards,

German

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I am also planning to upgrade from  solman 7.0 to solman 7.1 My client wants to retain same master& transactions, users profiles data in 7.1 whatever exists in 7.0

&

I would like to go for the below method, kindly suggest whether is it possible  or not?

1)  I will perform Remote client copy in 7.0 for SAL_ALL profile  ( ssc8 consist of 3 transport requests)

2) I will do a fresh installation of 7.1 in another system

3) Import generated 3 transport requests to 7.1 system

Your suggestion & guidance is highly appreciated

Regards

Nilanchal Swara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can proceed as you mentioned, only if you do not use the ChaRM functionality. If you use ChaRM, only option will be to upgrade the same.

Regards,

Chathuranga.

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

You can download guides (upgrade guide) from

https://websmp209.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000735220&_SCENARIO=011000358700000002...

Below is the overview:

- download upgrade media from SMP (kernel, upgrade master, lang, JAVA, Upgrade Exp, SPs and etc)

- Run upgrade assistant to perform the upgrade

- perform post installation -> solman_setup

Good to upgrade your source SPAM, kernel, dblidbsl, R3* to latest before the upgrade to eliminate all possible errors.

Useful notes:

Note 1577909 - Supplements to Solution Manager 7.1

Note 1462137 - Add. info. about Upgrading to SAP Solution Manager 7.1

Note 822379 - Known problems with Support Packages in SAP NW 7.0x AS ABAP

Cheers,

Nicholas Chang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Along with the list above, plz refer to the known issues with Oracle and AIX, such as loading Database specific patches and issues with the language DVD's.

There must be about 5 good threads in the last 6 months about the same. Plz try and refer to them.

Here are two :

http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2095414&messageID=10893608#10893608

http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2089631&messageID=10880843#10880843

Plan well, keep us posted

Cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for all the advice. I will work accordingly. Have awared points to the advisors too...:). Will leave this thread open for now till I have completed my upgrade task.

Thanks again.

Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

In related to the above logged issue, I am planning to do either a Client Copy or System Refresh from my Solution Manager PRD to Solution Manager Sandbox system. Then proceed to do the 7.0 to 7.1 Upgrade in Sandbox to test it out first.

A few questions related to the above:-

1) Which would be a better option, a Client Copy or Client Refresh ?

2) My SPS Level for PRD is SPS26 and Sandbox is SPS27 for ST Component in SPAM. Will this difference cause any issue if

I do a Remote Client Copy (SCC8) .

3) Will this SPS difference cause any issue if I were to do a System Refresh? Also will the SPS Level in Sandbox become

SPS26 as this is a System Refresh activity from PRD.

For other areas, such as Kernel Level, Oracle Level and so on are all equal in my PRD and Sandbox environments.

Looking forward to your kind feedback for my questions.

Thank you.

John.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

both client copy and system refresh the important recommended that the SP levels should be match,

In your case, i could say upgrade your PRD to SPS27 and do the client copy and proceed.

If it is in different SP level neither client copy nor system refresh can proceed here.

Please update

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

While doing my Upgrade from Solution Manager 7.0 (EHP 1) to 7.1 (EHP4) in Configuration Phase I have hit an error.

The error is Decision about Add on ESMERP. Its requesting me to select the Operation is to be performed:-

Upgrade With Add On CD

Upgrade the Add On with SAINT Package

Keep the add on with the current version. Vendor key is required from note.

Delete the Add on using a SAINT Package. The tables will be dropped.

Delete the Add on using a CD. The tables will be dropped.

Delete the Addon.The tables are not deleted on a DB except if they are empty.

Below all the above it says:- Vendor Key For Keep Decision* _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Also its asking me about u201C ESMERP u201C u201C MDM_TECHu201D and VIRSAHN u201C maintenance strategy and I am not sure on how to confirm if these are to be selected of deselcted.Referring to their respective notes:-

u201CESMERP u201C 632429

u201C MDM_TECHu201D 106078

u201CVIRSAHNu201D 865572

Hopefully some Gurus here would be able to assist me with my questions.

Thanks.

John