cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality info record for new revision level

former_member512784
Participant
0 Kudos

Is it possible to create a Quality info record for material, common to all material revision level.

My client doesn't want to create Quality info record again and again for the same material if the revision level changes.

Is it possible to create a common Quality info record for material, which should be applicable to that material even the revision level is changed.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just keep the revision level as blank while creating the QIinfo .. The system will give warning message but just accpt it.. Then it ll be applicable for all rev level

former_member512784
Participant
0 Kudos

I created QInfo record for new material without revision level, in this case Purchase person were able to raise PO for material.

but when i added revision level for that material in MM, getting a warning message during PO creation due to quality reason.

So i think leaving revision level blank in QInfo is not serving our requirement.

please let me know if Im wrong

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

for revision level, u need to maintain the change number settings in config, if u maintain this setting than definitely system ask for the revision level during Q-info.

Or u may use QI06 for mass processing and release

Regards

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi EMJ,

Implement BAdI- QB_Q_INFO_RECORD in this case.

You need to create a single Q-Info Record in SAP and that will be applicable to all Revision Levels. No need to create Q-Info REcord for each revision level.

I've already done this in my project. Let me know if any further info required.

Regards,

Anup

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi EMJ,

Put below code in BAdI Impl- QB_Q_INFO_RECORD.

Method is Q_INFO_KEY_CHANGE.

CALL FUNCTION 'REVISION_LEVEL_SELECT'

EXPORTING

datuv = sy-datum

matnr = i_matnr

IMPORTING

arevlv = IE_revlv

EXCEPTIONS

date_not_found = 1

ecn_not_found = 2

ecn_no_revision = 3

input_incomplete = 4

input_inconsistent = 5

revision_not_found = 6

version_not_found = 7

OTHERS = 8.

Give above code to your technical team and proceed.

Using this BAdI implementation, we can force SAP system to skip/clear a revision level for a material in a particular business transaction in which it accesses the Q-Info Record, either in read/write mode. Because in a normal case business would not have Q-Info Record created for each material revision.

In this BAdI, system refers to different combinations of the Q-Info Records with reference fields-Material, Plant, Revision Level & Vendor, even though a single Q-info record is maintained in SAP.

Hope it will help you.

Regards,

Anup

former_member512784
Participant
0 Kudos

Thankyou

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anup. This will help me out at my current client. We actually want to blank out the plant and when a vendor is approved it applies to all plants in the system and would rather have fewer records to maintain.