cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing temporary to permamnent license under different company license

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

What is the procedure for moving from a temporary license to a permanent license under different company accounts/installation numbers?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Transaction SLICENSE should allow you to delete the temporary license before installing your new one. This can often be the case when doing a system copy or migration.

CAUTION: If there are no licenses at all you can only log on as SAP* (in client 000 only I think but not certain) so be sure to know the password

Note 917936 - License keys cannot be deleted by user SAP*

This note doesn't strictly apply to you but has some good background information and may help.

MB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

What do you mean by "moving"?

Can you please brief your requirement?

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had installed temporary license using one customer number now I want to install the permanent license using a different customer number?

What is the procedure, I was led to believe there could be issues with the TMS and such.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If that system is part of other customer number, then you can request permanent license in SMP and install accordingly.

You can't request and install permanent license of a system with cross customer number.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Issac,

If you have system which is under temporary license, you can generate permanent license from service market place using the S-user id of the same customer no under which you need permanent license.

YOu have to defined the system first in the SMP,and get the permanent license.

After that you can install the license using t-code slicense in your system.

No it will not have any effect in TMS or other things.

Regards,

Amit Barnawal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

I am familiar and knowledgeable of the ideal situation where one applies for a temporary license after installation and then for the permanent license on SMP using the same customer number and installation number and hardware key.

This situation is however different.

After the installation, a temporary license was installed say under customer number XXXXX while waiting for the customer license to arrive. Now that customer license has arrived and now the permanent license under customer number YYYYY has to be applied on the same system. What is the procedure for this and are there any adverse effects?

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I will suggest you to speak with your SAP Account Manager in order to get a proper answer.

Regards

Juan