Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM-IDI update inspection lot and batch data

maarten_muetgeert2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i've a question about the IDI functionality. We'd like to print the CoA from LIMS. All results will be kept in LIMS. On the CoA the expiration date of the batch must be printed. SAP is leading in all batch related data. When i change the expiration date of a batch, this needs to be sent to LIMS as well. This can be done directly in the batch or at usage decision recording.

Is there a possibility to send over changes in batch or inspection lot from SAP to LIMS?

Thanks advance for your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Data can be retransmitted from SAP to LIMS. But i don not believe that a change in the batch expiration date will normally trigger this. You might have to specifically trigger this via a user exit.

If you are just needing the expiration dates to be available to LIMS to generate the COA's I would do this through one of two ways:

1) Set up a batch job in SAP to run at night and create a list of all batches with inventory that have been changed since the last batch job run. Generate a file with the data and expiration date and any other data you might want. Read this data into LIMS so it has the data you need.

2) have your LIMS programmer request the expiration date from SAP via an RFC call. You should consult your ABAP team on this.

FF

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you can send this data to LIMS from SAP. we have done in my prev prj.

QM-IDI will help on this. You can develop logic when batch or inspection lot status change then retransfer data to LIMS.

hope this helps.