cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP netweaver on MS Cluster 2008

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am installing SAP netweaver on MS Cluster 2008.

I have installed the Oracle s/w, failsafe tools and OFS client on the local disk.

Now as per the guide i need to create a service/application in cluster manager.

But Currently i already have two entries under Service and Application

1.)BIOSAPCI

2.)BIOSADB

Cluster Disk 5 and 6 are assigned to BIOSAPCI and Cluster Disk 1,2,3,7 are assigned to BIOSAPDB.

Cluster Disk 4 is Quorom.

Currently all the disks are mounted on node2.

But as per the guide when i create a service/application SAP<SID>. I have to assign the storage to it but there in not Cluster storage available.

Please advice how to proceed.

Regards

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

> But Currently i already have two entries under Service and Application

> 1.)BIOSAPCI

> 2.)BIOSADB

> Cluster Disk 5 and 6 are assigned to BIOSAPCI and Cluster Disk 1,2,3,7 are assigned to BIOSAPDB.

> Cluster Disk 4 is Quorom.

> Currently all the disks are mounted on node2.

> But as per the guide when i create a service/application SAP<SID>. I have to assign the storage to it but there in not Cluster storage available.

Yes, you need to create SAP group with name SAP<SID>. Storage means you need to assign Clustered disk to these groups like you need to Assign ASCS group cluster disk to SAP<SID> group and same needs to be done for DB group.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have already created the service/application SAP<SID> but when i right click on it and select add Storage it gives Error message" There are no available Disks in the cluster".

As i have mentioned previously there are already entries under Services/Applications with cluster disks assigned as below

1.) BIOSAPCI-->Cluster Disks 5,6

2.)BIOSAPDB-->Cluster Disks 1,2,3,7.

So my confusion is what cluster disk i should assign to SAP<SID>. i have no other cluster disks available.

BIOSAPCI and BIOSAPDB were already created and disks assigned when OS team gave us the machine.

Do i need to delete BIOSAPCI & BIOSAPDB and create new two new enteries under services /application with SAP<SID> and DB<SID> name.

Then assign Cluster Disk 5(Drive SAP E:) Disk 6( Drive BOPRD G:) to SAP<SID>

Then assign Cluster Disk 1(Drive DB PRD D:) Disk 2( Drive Oraarch K:) Disk 3(Drive Mirrlog H:) Disk 7(Drive Origlog I:) to DB<SID>

Regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have already allocated your Database and SAP drives to BIOSAPCI and BIOSADB which means your own naming cluster group.

You can either leave this way or move out the drives from BISAPCI and move the SAP drives which has message server , File Server, CI kernel drive -->common directory between Node 1 and Node 2 (Includes Kernel, Profile, Global directories , SAP service and instance to the group SAP<SID> .

Thanks,

Sravanthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

But i still have a question.

Q As per guide i need to configure Client access point and Add File Server as resource and Add Virtual Host name in the dependencies Tab.

• When i Click in Add resource- Client access point:Already an entry is maintained (name: BIOSAPCI-- address--> 172.16.128.0/18( I cant understand which is this network address, Is this SAN network address.)

• I cant find option to add file server to services & application under ADD resource.

• I cant find the dependency tab only this avaiable is dependency report.

How can i verify that i can use BIOSAPCI and BIOSAPDB to continue the installation.

Please help.

Regards

Abhishek

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all you should not use your own naming convention for the virtual groups. So, you need to to de-allocate clustered disk assigned to BIOSAPCI.

Then don't create any service manually in cluster manager. Run sapinst, it will automatically create this SAP<SID> in your cluster manager and then proceed as per installation guide.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

As Sunny suggested, its better and recommended to use SAP Naming conventions just to make life easier in Administration.

• When i Click in Add resource- Client access point:Already an entry is maintained (name: BIOSAPCI-- address--> 172.16.128.0/18( I cant understand which is this network address, Is this SAN network address.)

The IP address is your 172.16.128.0/18 should be your Message Server IP

• I cant find option to add file server to services & application under ADD resource.

You need to add this service from SAP<SID> or BIOSAPCI ->right click --Add a Resource --> More resources --> Add a file server and dependencies should your Message server and shared KERNEL and profile drives which is usr\sap\SID\SYS\....

• I cant find the dependency tab only this avaiable is dependency report.

Please configure as above and go to properties of BIOSAPCI or SAPSID, there you can see the Dependencies as SECOND tab. Message server dependency should be MSG Server IP

hope above answers your questions.

Regards,

Sravanthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

Thanks for reply guys.

@ sunny: By deleting BIOSAPCI and BIOSAPDB will the cluster be destroyed?

Also, i agree that in windows 2003 server the services are created automatically but in the guide it is specially mentioned that for windows 2008 we need to create the services manually.

@ Sravanthi:"You need to add this service from SAP<SID> or BIOSAPCI ->right click --Add a Resource --> More resources --> Add a file server" there is option of NFS share not file server.( is this same)

So i think i need to deallocate the disks from BIOSAPCI and BIOSAPDB and delete the services BIOSAPCI andBIOSAPDB.

Then Create the services as the steps for windows 2008 server in the guide.

So my final question before moving forward is " Whether Cluster will be destroyed if i deallocate the disks and delete BIOSAPCI and BIOSAPDB" ?

Regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ Sravanthi:"You need to add this service from SAP<SID> or BIOSAPCI ->right click --Add a Resource --> More resources --> Add a file server" there is option of NFS share not file server.( is this same)

In 2003, you need to Right click on "SAP SID" --> NEW --> Resource --> SAP SID <SAPMNT and provide owners and dependencies

Cluster will not be destroyed by de-allocating the drives and deleting BIOSAPCI and BIOSAPDB.

hope your question is answered

Regards,

Srvanthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks.

I will deallocating and deleting.

And My windows cluster is 2008 r2 .

Regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP<SID> or BIOSAPCI ->right click --Add a Resource --> More resources --> Add a file server" there is option 3 and option 8

Option 3 - Add file Server

Option 8 - Add NFS Share

both are different.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no option of adding file server.

only at no. 7 there NFS share.

under more resources following are the options.

1.) Add DHCP service

2.)Add distributed transaction co-ordinator

3.) Add Ip address

4.)Add IPv6 addres

5)Add IPv6 tunnel address

6.)Add iSNS Cluster resource

7.)Add nfs share

8.) Add print spooler

9) Add WINS service

Regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like something missing in your cluster . Our's is Win 2008 Shop with MSCS cluster and we are able to add "File Server".

Please refer to the note and links below

Note 1490337 - High Availability SAP System on Windows Server 2008 (R2) (Though note showing Win 2008 R2 still same procedure for Win 2008 )

In Note check under section - SAP NetWeaver CE 7.1 SR5 - which explains about File Server.

Refer to below link on Adding File Server in Cluster.

http://microsoftguru.com.au/2011/02/27/configure-microsoft-fail-over-cluster-for-dhcp-servicesstep-b...

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc731844(WS.10).aspx

Regards,

Sravanthi