cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax classification fields are not appeared in master data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I searched the forum about my issue but i did not get any solution.

I am not able to see the tax classification fields in customer master and material master.Even i assigned Country IN to JLST and JCST condition types by T-code OVK1.

FYI

I have copied the org elements from standard (which are already given by default).Initially i was able to see 2 different countries with tax MWST in both customer master and material master.

EX:

AT MWST

DE MWST

But i do not wanted these. so i deleted these assignment from OVK1 and assigned country IN to JLST and JCST,and i went to customer master and material master but those fields are not appeared.

Note:Country of plant,company code and sales organizations is IN

Help me to view tax classification fields in Master data.

Thanks&Regards

Ravikumar.R

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Even i assigned Country IN to JLST and JCST
    condition types by T-code OVK1.

This is wrong. The above two are condition types and not Tax Category. Either you have to assign MWST or JTX1 in OVK1. Change this, create a new sale order and check.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Laxmipathy,

Thank you for reply.

My customer is liable to pay VAT or CST,But here i have a doubt with out specifying these in customer tax classification how the system will determine these condition record based on access sequence.

My Access sequence is - country/plant region/customer region/customer tax classification/material tax classification

and my tax procedure is TAXINN.

Thank you,

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to do the following:-

1) Assign the required tax classification (like 0, 1, 2) to JCST & JLST condition types in OVK3

2) Assign the required tax classification (like 0, 1, 2) to JTX1, JTX2 etc.in OVK4

3) Create two tax codes in FTXP (one for VAT and another for CST)

4) Assign these two tax codes in VK11 & FV11

Now create a sale order and see how it works.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Laxmipathy,

Thank you very much.

I created 2 tax codes one is for vat another for cst but here we dont maintain tax % in FTXP. we maintain it from VK11.

also i already maintained OVK3 and OVK4 as you said.

while maintaining condition record for JLST and JCST,system asking me customer tax classification and material tax classification.here my doubt is-

Suppose i have only specified MWST in customer master but maintaining condition record for JLST.Then how system knows this customer is liable for JLST.

Thanks for your time.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Then how system knows this customer is liable for JLST.

In customer master, under the Taxes tab, it would be like

Country::::Name:::::Tax Cat.::::Description::::Tax Classification

While creating customer master, if your configuration is in line with standard, then under the tab Tax category, you can see MWST flowing automatically. You just have to input tax classification as 1, 2 etc.,

Also since as you said above, you are maintaining the combination of country/plant region/customer region/customer tax classification/material tax classification, you can very well differentiate VAT & CST.

Wherever customer region comes as your plant region, assign VAT tax code and wherever, customer region differs from plant region, assign CST tax code in VK11.

G. Lakshmipathi

ps: please spell the name correctly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi.

Thank you very much for your help.My Issue is resolved.

Thanks & Regards

Ravikumar.R

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

marcin_milczynski
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravikumar,

The countries available in customer master tax classification tab are based on countries of company code the sales organization is assigned to (table TVKO) and all plants assigned to distribution chain (sales organization + distribution channel) in table TVKWZ.

Please check if you have correct assignments in the tables or using IMG paths

Enterprise Structure -> Assignment -> Sales and Distribution -> Assign sales organization to company code

Enterprise Structure -> Assignment -> Sales and Distribution -> Assign sales organization - distribution channel - plant

Regards,

Marcin

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maintain OVK3 for Customer Tax Classification.

And OVK4 for Material Tax Classification.

You need to maintain desired TAX Condition Type and relevant Tax Classification, like Taxable or Not Taxable for material and .Liable for Taxes or Tax Exempt customer

Once these are maintained you can view them in respectice masters.

Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear JP,

Thanks for reply.I already maintained these in OVK3 and OVK4.but no use of it.

Yes i have done these settings before.