cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while creating hierarchy through " Create Hierarchy field" option

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

while trying to create hierarchy through Create Hierarchy field option i am facing the following error

I am giving the following inputs

Hierarchy field name : XYZ

Parent field : Level1

Child Field : Level2

Node name field : Level3

Cannot find the parent ID value "abc" in Field ID Level2 of Table " Hierarchy"

FYI

The source hierarchy is in Columns format with Level1(Parent)---->Lever2(Child of Level1) and Level3(Child of level2)

Kindly guide me where i am going wrong

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Sharma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

> The source hierarchy is in Columns format with Level1(Parent)-->Lever2(Child of Level1) and Level3(Child of level2)

If your source format is like above then you have to create hierarchy by partitioning and combining fields. create a partition field by combining level1, 2 and 3 fields. and then use Split into hierarchy command.. I believe you can not use Create hierarchy command for such structure..

- Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

Thanks for the clarification.

What i want to know is when do we use the Create Hierarchy Field option.

Rgds,

Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone provide inputs regarding the format of the file? or when this option can be used?

Regards,

Sharma.

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please go through Import manager reference guide and topic - Classification data import.. You will get all the info you are looking for..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharma,

Your input file should have 3 columns for hierarchy one which will store level 1 information,2nd will have corresponding level 2 information and 3rd will have corresponding level 3 info.

Now in Import Manager go to Partition,select 1st ,2nd and 3rd column.Donot combine the fields. Now map the partition fields with the target hierarchy field.Perform the value mapping and import.

Or

YOu can have one column in the excel file.with values L1>L2>L3(split by some delimiter).

In import manager go to source hierechy pany select the Column and from context menu select option split into hierechy as per the delimiter.

Now map the parttion field and target field ,do value mapping and import.

Regards,

Neethu Joy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the Inputs, followed the sorce structure as given in classification data import in Import manage71 and was able to create hierarchy for the same

Regards,

Sharma