Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Functions of DMS

phi_dang
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Our company is planned to implement DMS, but actually, I myself do not much about DMS. I just would like to know whether DMS can fulfill the following requirements or not. I Highly appreciate DMS experts for your support.

Please help me on answering: which functions SAP standard DMS can support, which one we need to develop???

1 Convert electronic documents to archival images without printing and scanning them.

2 Document Contribution & Consumption from various geographic locations with the content server hosted in one location

3 Distribute documents on royalty free CDs and DVDs

4 Control security permissions centrally or delegate to department heads.

5 Ability to edit existing business process workflows with limited or no IT expertise

6 Ability to create new business process workflows with limited or no IT expertise

7 Autocad Converter

8 Integration with Autocad

9 User discussion on documents

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

At the outset,would strongly recommend to have a DMS expert on board for detailed requirement analysis and implementation!! further,regarding your queries,see my responses below.

1 Convert electronic documents to archival images without printing and scanning them.

Possible via Archivelink solution.

2 Document Contribution & Consumption from various geographic locations with the content server hosted in one location

Possible.However,having just one content server with dispersed geographic operations would serve no purose.A bespoke architecture(multiple content,cache servers) needs to be designed.

3 Distribute documents on royalty free CDs and DVDs

Pls elaborate more on this point regarding actual expectations.

4 Control security permissions centrally or delegate to department heads.

Possible.

5 Ability to edit existing business process workflows with limited or no IT expertise

6 Ability to create new business process workflows with limited or no IT expertise

Need to develop custom workflows in system.

7 Autocad Converter

Document conversion into neutral file format possible.

8 Integration with Autocad

Possible.May need to invest in a third party tool.

9 User discussion on documents

Pls elaborate.If you are hinting at discussion forums,then its not possible.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

phi_dang
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for your useful answer.