cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting locations to create purchase requisitions in SNP CTM run

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For a plant and multiple MRP areas in ECC, I have CIFed the plant and MRP areas to APO to generate multiple locations. All the products are externally procured items. There is one demand location (L1) and about 5 supply locations in the network. During the CTM run, the stock is required to be checked and transferred to the demand location. But, for any unmet demand, the purchase requisitions is required to be created only at one location (say L5). Current system behaviour is that, it is creating the purchase requisition at any location (L2, L3, L4) in the network through random selection, or, if i put the priority, it creates at the highest priority level. In my case, the requisition is required for the location which is on least priority for stock transfer. We are alright to ignore the priority, but, the question is, how can we restrict locations so that, they will create stock transfer reservations and move the available stock to demand location, but, should never create a purchase requisition.

Thanks,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

After Reading your description of data.You want to move only stock from Source locations to Destination Location.

you want to move all stock which are lying at Source locations.

In Supply Selection only consider the Stock categories in CTM Profile.(CC)

So that PRs will not be created without stocks and only demand with stocks are met

I think this will resolve your problem

Thanks

Suneel

Edited by: sunil_raos on Jan 5, 2012 2:53 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Multiple runs solve the issue. I was making a mistake to solve this through order category selection. It is better done through blocking external procurement in a run.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I Understand your requirement correctly,

You want stocks to move from all sources to the DC.

But for shortage qty(after transferring all stocks in the supply locations), external procurement should be triggered from only one of the supply locations. (please correct If I am wrong).

In my opinion you cannot achieve this in a single run. You might need two runs for this.

First CTM run, choose all locations, block external procurement option.

Only stock transfers will be created.

In the second run you take a run with only the Demand location and the source location in which you want the PR to be created

In this run you have to choose "orders without pegging" and "Do not delete any orders" in strategies tab. Do not block External procurement in this run.

Regards,

Ashok