Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order with reference to another Sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

Good day.

I would like to seek an advice from u regarding this scenario:

First if all, is this scenario possible-create sales order w/ reference to another sales order?

We have a scenario wherein the original sales order has a material w/ free goods. And then when we create another sales order w/ ref to that iriginal sales order, the free goods appeared twice.

Original SO:

Item. Material. Qty. item cat

10. 123. 5. ZOR

20. 123. 1. ZORR

SO w/ ref to above orig SO:

Item. Material. Qty. item cat

10. 123. 5. ZOR

20. 123. 1. ZORR

30. 123. 1. TANN

Item 30 should not appear since our goal is to copy exactly what was on the original sales order.

I have checked the item cat and copy control & seems it is correct.

Please advice

Thanks,

Erza

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Erza,

I also tried to run same scenario as you mentioned above but i got only two line items in the order when i reference it with the anather free goods order. No line number 30 appeared.

Can you please let me know what copy control settings you have done?

Thanks

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have free goods determination or any logic like for 5 QTY of MAT 123 , 1 QTY should be given free?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes we have that functionality for example for material 123,if the customer ordered 9 pcs,they will get 1 free.

Thanks!

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to t.code VTAA, and go to the item category details. There make sure, the box Reexplode structure/free goods in unchecked.

For further details read OSS Note 779857 - Free goods: Warning V4160 after "Create with reference"

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shiva ram,

Re explode structure/free goods already unchecked as per original config.

former_member365422
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Erza,

If you dont want free goods to be determined in 2nd Oredr then Try removing free goods determination either by changing document pricing procedure or removing Free goods determination procedure from T code V/N6 for your relevant combination. then try again.

Regards

Mayank

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the copy controls and routines and just read the description.Use the correct routine.

Regards,

Madhu.

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear friend,

your 'key' transaction is VTAA

the copy control has two parts - header and item levels - check them both

find out your record (source to target) , goto Deatails and check out two checkboxes - "Copy item number" and "Complete reference" . also check out the copying requirements - look at routine number and make sure it is correct

2. at item level check out all relevant 'copying' fields

good luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ppio_entry,

I have done the config and test it. Still, the issue occurs. Item 30 still appeared.