cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit the Default CSS file

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to know if there is a way to edit the default CSS file for Webi. The reason I am asking is because of the way in which hyperlinks are formatted. When I go into the document properties and change the formatting (color only), it does not update on my actual report. Also, I want to be able to remove the underlines from all hyperlinks without having to go in and do it manually using inline CSS.

Is there a default CSS file out there that can be edited? Where is it located and how to I ensure it's used in all my reports? Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

It depends on your version.

the link provided by that other person is for XIR2 (no longer supported)

this link is the BI 4.0 equivalent : http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir4/en/xi4_ia_en.pdf

You want the chapter "Using Style Sheets", page 319 onwards.

Regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Henry, that was helpful though I am still having a hard time finding the CSS document to edit. In the document you sent me, it stated "The style sheet of a document is stored on the CMS, in the User settings." I cannot find these settings nore the CSS file. Can you help point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Keith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

Following is the location of the CSS file in 4.0

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\images\WebIDefaultStyleSheet.css and

Note that for the BI 4.0, you would not be able to update the default style after the document creation. If you want to modify default style, you must :

1. update the .css file stored in the images folder of your server installation or rich client and

2. then create a new webi document to see your style modification.

Hope it helps.

Faisal Vakil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, that was very helpful. Do you know of any way to edit the CSS of an existing report? I have a very large reporting package that I want to modify and I simply do not have the bandwidth to rebuild the entire report from scratch.

Thanks!

Keith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

Did you manage to get a solution to your problem of editing CSS in existing reports? Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Sanjay

Edited by: sanjay.madala on Mar 1, 2012 12:05 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sanjay,

I was not able to find a way to update the CSS in an existing report. I was hoping this was possible but have not found a way to do so yet. The only solution I am aware of is updating the default CSS file and then re-creating a report by starting with a brand new file. Good luck.

former_member188911
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

we are planning to introduce a functionality to export / import CSS stylesheet within the WebI Rich Client

Tentatively this will be implemented in FP03 which goes ramp-up shortly and will be available in the next months

Thanks!

Simone

Former Member
0 Kudos