cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From Final Price (Laid-in Price) to its constituents

0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are working on a scenario where a Sales Rep can give a final price for a Lot e.g USD 5/gallon. Now we need to work backwards to compute all the taxes, fees etc to pay Federal and State governments.

Any thoughts on how that can be accomplished.

One thought I had was to make PR00 Manual and let Sales rep enter prices, system calculates all taxes and gives him final price. With trial and error, he gets to the right price.

Right now, we are still not clear about the Volume of such transactions but there is a chance that option above may not be something that will be accepted.

Will appreciate any thoughts on the problem.

Lukesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gomatheeswaran_palaniappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SAP you can design the pricing procedure like below to achieve this. We tried this scenario for brazil pricing and it worked.

1) In first step keep ZPR0 similar to PR00 but statistical. Here you can manually enter the final price / get the value from another system.

2) Here PR00 calculation starts:- PR00 value = (ZPR0 value / (1+ (Tax percentage from condn record/100)+ (Disc percentage from condn record value/100) + all the necessary component condn records) Code this logic in Alt calc type.

3) Tax = (PR00 * (Tax percentage from condn record/100)) This one is reg calculation.

4) Disc = (PR00 * (Disc percentage from condn record/100) This is also reg way of calculation.

5) Like rest of the things follows.

Since we are utilizing condition record values in step 2, we may get wrong amount if there is a change in conditon record. Because system refers to KONP and select first row. In simple terms, system will refer to old condition record even if we change the validity of the same. So in SAP, we have a std ABAP method to get condition record which I shall check and tell you if need. There we need to modify the code such that the system should pick condition record based on current validity date. This brings flexibility to you as we dont need to worry about changing tax condition records.

Example:

ZPR0 	200 (Final expected price)  Enter manually or get it from another system / online store etc.  No act key assigned

PR00	202.020202   ZPR0 /(1+(1/100)+(-2/100))
Tax 1%	2.02020202   PR00*(1/100)
Disc 2%	-4.04040404  PR00*(-2/100)

If you are increasing any number of pricing components, add the same at the denominator of PR00 calculation.

Let me know if you have any doubts.

Regards,

P Gomatheeswaran

0 Kudos

Thanks P Gomatheeswaran.

That was very helpful. I think it should work for us. Let me try this and if I have any questions, will let you know.

Luke