cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating DBF [Database] files from SAP NetWeaver PI 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello There,

We have a scenario of File to File transfer where one read from a FTP Server in a text file format and after some processing it puts into another FTP server BUT in a DBF [Database file format say a Oracle dbf file] format. For the Oracle database read this dbf file as one of its database file format ?

I have a serious doubt on it becouse, when the Oracle creates any DBF file it also creates Matadata for the data access which I believe SAP PI is unable to provide.

Your Comments & Thoughts Please

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are easy ways to create DBF file out of CSV. So if you create CSV at receiver end, then this conversion will ensure a correct DBF file. As CSV only can create a DBF, I don't think it needs any metadata file.

If PI can directly create DBF file by just providing separators and filename as .dbf is something I am not sure about. Trying a test scenario however won't take much time.

Regards,

Prateek Raj Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Can we handle DBF files in PI 7.31 SP11 ? Pls let me know.

Thnx,Nithin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nithin,

Your best option would be to generate a receiver Java proxy and import the following Java API:

jdbf - A java reader writer for DBF database file: jdbf - Google Project Hosting

With this API you can generate the DBF file as a binary payload and then use the receiver file adapter to write the payload to file.

On the sender side just use normal FCC to read in the CSV file.

Regards,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

Thank you very much for your reply!!!

My scenario is DBF picked up from sender file system should be transformed to IDoc and posted to SAP SD system. Conversely,IDoc from SAP system should be transformed to DBF file and pushed to File system. Kindly confirm on the below questions:

You mean PI channel can read DBF file from sender system through FCC channel with similar settings as that of CSV/TXT?

Whereas to generate DBF from IDoc, can I achieve this by IDoc to java proxy scenario?

If so can you pls elucidate on this.

Thnx in advance!!!

/Nithin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nithin,

For your sender scenario you can use the File adapter and pass it through a Java mapping that uses the API I mentioned. The mapping will need to the use the API to read the DBF file and produce an IDOC output to sending to your SD system.

Going the other way from your SD system to the file system you can either:

a) Use a Java mapping to produce the DBF content and pass this to the File adapter

b) Use a Java proxy to receive the IDOC XML and transform it to the DBF file on the file system

c) Create an adapter module to generate the DBF output and assign this in the module chain of the File adapter comm channel

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

Thank you for your inputs!

/Nithin.