Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial Number in Sales order

former_member267975
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

My client wants to maintain one serial no profile but multiple no range. Suppose in an order they entered 5 different material but all bellongs material types Finished goods. So they want different number range for this 5 different materials. Please advise how to go with this. I never wored in Serial no.

Appreciate if you can confirm at the earliest.

Regards

sp

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Question for you.

Are assigning Serial Number manually or automatically (with equipment master involved)?

manually

Manually you can differentiate.

automatically (with equipment master involved)

Create Serial Number profile specific to material (OIS2)

Create Equipment Category for Serial No.(OIET)

Define No. Range for Equipment Category (OIEN)

Assign Equipment Category to Serial No. Profile (OIS2)

Assign respective Serial Number Profile the in material (MM02)

Or

You can try this through enhancement, IQSM0001(EXIT_SAPLIPW1_001).

Regards

JP

former_member267975
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your input.

They want it should come automatically. They want one profile with 9 different range with different material but all material into FINISHED PRODUCT. Is it possible through configuration or we will try customization ?

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As there is no specific number range maintain unlike other things in SAP.

For serial number it's only 2, either internal or external.

If you are having equipment master to take care of Serial Number then

Use TCode IQ01 for creating individually or IQ04 to create many in one go.

But would need to do following configuration setup:

- Create Serial Number profile specific to material (OIS2)

- Create Equipment Category for Serial No.(OIET)

- Define No. Range for Equipment Category (OIEN)

- Assign Equipment Category to Serial No. Profile (OIS2)

- Assign respective Serial Number Profile the in material (MM02)

Or Else, when you opt for creating serial number directly under delivery then use user exit IQSM0001(EXIT_SAPLIPW1_001).

Regards

JP

former_member267975
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks JP,

I will verify and come to you for further clarification.

Regards

sits

former_member267975
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I checked all the configuration and it's fine. But there is no option for maintaining multiple serial no range for one serial no. profile. In IQ04 multiple no can be maintain but that is only material specific. But I want at least nine different serial no range for different material and these materials falling in to the same material type.

So how to proceed with it ? Is it anything can be through customization or we can do something with IUID filed in material master at Sales general plant tab.

Plase advise at the earliest.

Regards

Sits

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure whether this help you or not, can you check OSS Note 70362 - Procedure for multiple serial numbers per material. It looks if the field SERUNI in table T339J is blank, then the system allows multiple serial number for a material. Can you test this? Note that you need to the test for complete cycle and checking of material documents.

Regards,

former_member267975
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can we maintain nine serial no profile with nine serial no. range. Because clinet wants nine no range for one particular material grop. So I think if we can do that way it will work. What you suggest do you think that it won't effect to other module.

Regards

Sits

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The purpose of serialization is mainly for tracking and warranty purposes and it is always unique. Eventhough you have 5 different materials in same sales order, all of them will have different serial numbers. So why is the requirement of having 5 different number ranges for 5 materials?

Can you please explain the business logic in detail?

Regards,

SAM

former_member267975
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

The existing process in legacy system is using serial number to trace the subcomponents or Finished goods of the

sales order line item and which class it belong to (eg. 125 KV or 250 KV) . The demand is to check , if the

multiple serial no can be given to xxx plant division. To identify th FG item on shop floor belong to which sales order/line item.

I hope it will help you.

Regards

Sits