Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspend and Resume with a non browser application like MS Word

christoph_rhein1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am looking for a way to suspend and resume a webdynpro application when e.g. a button is pressed in the wd application and then MS Word starts. Once you close Word the webdynpro application should resume.

As far as I see suspend and resume only works with another web application but not with MS Word.

Maybe someone has had the same problem and found a workaround.

Thanks and regards,

Christoph

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

christoph_rhein1
Explorer
0 Kudos

thanks for the replies.

I know it works inplace inside the browser using the wd office control.

My question was more if I want to use MS Word standalone (without a browser around it)...

thanks,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was actually checking wether can we open word in place as suggested by Romit.

may be this method can be used to open it in INPLACE...still I guess you need to use the method GET_ON_CLOSE also.

CL_WD_OFFICE_CONTROL->SET_ACTIVATE_IN_PLACE

If the above code doesnot work........try out work on the below ones -

1st way - create one more component with this office control, button click on the 1st component try to open this word document by passign necessary information and then you can resume it to main one...

2nd way - create one more view with office control UI element and other window..now based on teh button click..

OEPN thhe other window in the POPUP and user can close this popup and will be in MAIN application itself.

Just give it a try.......

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could probably open the word document inplace in the same browser window as the webdynpro app. Keep a "Back" button above/below the frame in which you open the word document to take you back to the application (your context nodes will ensure return to the state you left the screen at).

Crude workaround but the best I can think of for now!