Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.3 - Cannot start ResourceAdapter "inboundRA"

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I'm trying to configure an interface with an IDOC_AAE sender CC. After going thru the SAP Help and two different blogs (William Li & Michal Krawczyk) on how to set this up I'm having a problem with the Resource Adapter (inboundRA) which I can not start. It says Failed to Start on the NWA. Besides this error the RFC destination in the ERP system fails to connect on the connection Test, I suppose it is because the Resource Adapter in down.

Any ideas how I could restart the RA ?

Regards!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think you should create multiple resource adapters. You should use the same destination to connect to the application server.

What is the issue you are facing to connect using same connection.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create a RFC and check if it is not working then please tell us what error you are getting ...!

former_member194011
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lalit,

All my IDocs are failing in sm58 with an exception

I have used single destination for both client's with single Resource Adapter.....but it is not working for me

Then i saw below blog and followed accordingly

Please suggestion if any other ways so that I can receive IDocs from cross clients ?

former_member194011
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna

plz check my reply to Lalit....

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

About other ways apart from adapter cloning, see my answer here about parameter "multiRepository"

Cheers

former_member194011
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want re-open this query !!!

We had a requirement wherein we need to receiver IDocs from mutilple clients fo same application system to PI (Version 7.30). so we have done cloning of Resource Adapter inbonndra.

but unfortunately when I am trying to start the Resource Adapter it is not starting at all

Please could you suggest here ?

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It happened when I tried cloning.

Silly thing I tried but it worked. I deleted the Cloned Resource Adapter and then restarted the server (java instance) created again , and it was GREEN and RUNNING.

Try it.

Regards,

Vikas

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

After a Java Instance restart, the resource adapter is working ok

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

RFC destination should work first. Have you created RFC destination XI_IDOC_DEFAULT_DESTINATION? This should point to the Application Server.

Regards,

Prateek Raj Srivastava

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

The truth is that after posting this thread ... I requested a Java Instance restart, and the Resource Adapter is working perfectly and the RFC dest from the ERP connection test is also working successfully. I hope it holds on.

@Prateek Yes, the RFC destination XI_IDOC_DEFAULT_DESTINATION in the NWA was already created to localhost (PI).

I also created another RFC dest in NWA for the recv CC to the ERP.

Thanks!

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Great! Restart should not be mandatory though but as always it solve things whenever we are stuck. Should we blame Microsoft Windows for nourishing this habit?

If you don't have any more doubts, please close the thread.

Regards,

Prateek Raj Srivastava