cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM usage 5 in sales having some problem on confirmation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Presently we have sales BOM in a sales order in which there are three line items (the first line item is header item, second and third line item is component item).

For some reason, the first line item BOM header item is confirmed even though the one of the component line item is not confirmed. This should not be the case!

Question:

It is something wrong with the BOM creation (i.e. BOM usage 5) or/and missing some value in material master?

Thanks

tuff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
one of the component line item is not confirmed

Is stock available for this component ??

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi

The two sub-item components for the header BOM item stock availability situation are:

1st component = ATP indicate stock available

2nd component = ATP indicate stock NOT available as it is zero.

Thus, the header material for the sales BOM should NOT confirmed, INSTEAD, it is confirmed with confirmation date and quantity although its sub item not yet confirm.

May I know if this is a BOM setup or material master setup problem? if so, how to fix it?

thanks

tuff

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does anyone know my question?

thanks

tuff

marcin_milczynski
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tuff,

Do you have the 'Create Delivery Group' settings maintained yout the item category you use for the main BOM items? It should be set to X if you want to have 1 delivery date proposed for all items or A if you watn to have the schedule lines correlated but with possibility of sending partial quantities of the correlated goods when all of the correlated goods are available partially at given schedule line date.

Regards,

Marcin