cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error importing SP in Solution Manager System (phase XPRA_EXECUTION)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear community,

I have a fresh installation of Solution Manager System 7.1 (central system) in a test environment.

During post-installation I wanted to apply SP (user DDIC, client 000), but my update queue via SPAM failed in phase 23 (XPRA_EXECUTION) and I have no idea how to handle that. Error message:

- Error in phase: XPRA_EXECUTION

- Reason for error: TP_STEP_FAILURE

- Return code: 0008

- Error message: OCS Package SAPK-70203INSAPBSFND, tp step R, return code 0008

To check the cause of the error it is recommended to choose Goto -> Log -> Queue.

Choosing Goto -> Action Log, I find:

Error during executing the tp command 'tp XPA ALL SOL ...'

tp return code: '0008' , tp message: 'A tool used by tp produced errors', tp output:

Choosing Goto -> Import Logs -> tp system logs, I find:

START EXECUTION OF REPORTS SOL R 20120104111325 DDIC biss-labor01

START tp_getprots SOL R 20120104111325 DDIC biss-labor01

ERROR SAPK-70203INSAPBSFND SOL R 0008 20120104111331 SAPBSFNDUSER DDIC biss-labor01

ERROR SAPK-70204INSAPBSFND SOL R 0008 20120104111331 SAPBSFNDUSER DDIC biss-labor01

ERROR SAPKITL701 SOL R 0008 20120104111335 STUSER DDIC biss-labor01

STOP tp_getprots SOL R 20120104111338 DDIC biss-labor01

STOP EXECUTION OF REPORTS SOL R 20120104111338 DDIC biss-labor01

An excerpt (3 lines) from ulog:

APServiceSOL 20120104122229 RFC: tp SHOWPARAMS SOL pf=

biss-labor01sapmnt rans inTP_DOMAIN_SOL.PFL -Dtransdir=

biss-labor01sapmnt rans (pid=6232)

APServiceSOL 20120104122229 RFC: tp CONNECT SOL pf=

biss-labor01sapmnt rans inTP_DOMAIN_SOL.PFL -Dtransdir=

APServiceSOL 20120104122231 RFC: tp XPA ALL SOL pf=

biss-labor01sapmnt rans inTP_DOMAIN_SOL.PFL -Dclientcascade=yes -Dstoponerror=8 -Drepeatonerror=8 -Dsourcesystems= -Dbuffreset=yes -Dbatch_proc=1 tag=spam -Dtransdir=

What I already tried:

- retry importing

- stop and start the system, then retry importing

- check for background jobs (rdd* ) that failed via transaction SM37, but there are none that have been canceled

- reset buffers via transaction /$sync

Any input, suggestions or help is highly appreciated!

Regards

Sönke

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonke, you're probably right about it being faster to start again.

Watch out for bad SAR files though, they would unpack etc ok. I've had issues in the past where everything looked fine when downloading and unpacking to EPS\in and yet the SPAM Queue failed. Not sure where the problem was introduced or if it was a bad delivery from SAP on the marketplace.

Personally I would download again rather than use the same SAR files, and also make sure SAPCAR is the latest in advance of your kernel patch. It's worth doing even just to rule it out as a possible cause if it happens again.

Best of luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are absolutely right about that, Mark. Thank you for that advice of yours, I will keep it in mind and download everything a second time.

I will report if the issue occurs again after re-installation or if it doesn't.

Some Forum Points given, by the way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay, I did the re-installation, re-downloaded all update files and tried the update via SAINT this time. Same error. I'm getting hopeless...

Some additional information I didn't mention yet: The only packages producing the error are

- SAPK-70203INSAPBSFND

- SAPK-70204INSAPBSFND

- SAPKITL701

- SAPKB70207.

All other packages say "method execution: successfully completed".

Has anybody a fresh idea to solve that XPRA_EXECUTION issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you already had a look at OSS Notes 1509252?

Best Regards,

Vasanth G

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, I haven't. Thanks, Vasanth! Trying to import it via snote he tells me that osc is locked by SAINT (because of the update queue). So I have to re-install again before being able to apply that note? Alternatively, I could empty the SAINT update queue via "hardcore mode" (SE37, program ocs_reset_queue), but that is not supported by SAP.

Regards

Sönke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sent a message to SAP. I'll report if a solution is found.

Former Member
0 Kudos

While you are waiting for SAP to respond, could you share the logs from OCS Queue showing return code of XPRA phase and the detail?

I'm just guessing here but maybe the XPRA is trying to run report that wasn't yet activated? Could be that some simple intervention in SE11 or SE38 might be necessary and the error didn't appear on an oss note yet?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Mark,

there were no more error messages in the log than the ones I provided in my two postings. Nevertheless, I'd like to provide you with the full logs, but I am just re-installing again because I seem to have harmed the system trying some unsupported actions. You'll get logs or SAP's answer tomorrow.

Regards

Sönke

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did a quick search for notes using search term FDT_AFTER_IMPORT and turned up 72 items!

Not sure how many are relevant for you but you should definitely take a look. Seems like there are various scenarios where this might happen. This note seems relevant for your scenario:Note 1648868 - Problems with the activation of interdependent transports.

Good luck.

Edited by: Mark Birch on Jan 11, 2012 11:21 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot, Mark, I'll check the notes, maybe I missed something important! I again re-installed my system (queue is empty now) and applied the note 1509252 Vasanth recommended. I'll check back if I found something or have any further questions.

Regards!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why do you think note 1648868 could be relevant? The error message indicating that scenario ("No active version found for time stamp xyz") doesn't appear in my case.

What do you think of note 1068151? Or of note 1041704 (which I believe not to be useful)? There are at least some matching keywords...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think this note is your exact problem, the 1st error message matches up. What do you think?

Note 1110272 - FDT transport: Error with import all scenarios

Your logs show that the tp XPRA call was using the ALL option. So this fits as an explanation.

As for the solution then it could be a full kernel patch before SPAM queue? Split the queues to do the FDT items individually and avoid the ALL problem? Or restart the XPRA items manually without the automatic tp ALL option, so from note 1041704 there is a report you can run?

I would add this new information to your customer support message and see what they say.

Best regards,

Mark.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree, sounds promising!

A kernel update I have already applied. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to split the queues to do the FDT items individually, as you suggested.

What about the instructions concerning the ALL option on this page? link.

I could do that and then try the update.

In any case, I will add the information to my customer message as you suggested.

Regards

Sönke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sönke,

it seems we are making progress at last.

I'm afraid I didn't make my suggestion about splitting items very clear. I meant to say try applying your SPAM queue in several parts splitting up the packages affected so they are applied individually.

SAPK-70203INSAPBSFND

SAPK-70204INSAPBSFND

SAPKITL701

SAPKB70207

I think default behaviour for SPAM/SAINT is to calculate the entire queue automatically based on EPSIN but you can override this behaviour and choose to split your queue into shorter ones, you simply choose carefully the last package, apply this queue, then choose the next queue and so on until you are done. There used to be special notes which had recommended split points for package queues

EDIT: I checked your link and I don't think it is helpful unfortunately.

Best regards,

Mark.

Edited by: Mark Birch on Jan 11, 2012 2:07 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay, thank you, Mark! Even if it takes ages, I will queue the support packages one by one now until the four bad packages

SAPK-70203INSAPBSFND

SAPK-70204INSAPBSFND

SAPKITL701

SAPKB70207

are applied. Hope it works!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonke,

you don;t have to do them one-by-one, just make sure the mentioned packages have their own queue. So that means you split your queue into 4 parts.

MB

Former Member
0 Kudos

You mean one for every support package stack step, from 01 to 04? Okay, thanks, I'll do it that way. However, although I tried, it seems the one-by-one way isn't even possible.

I'll report when there are any news of interest!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why not make a note of the fully calculated queue as this shows you the correct order for the whole stack, then empty the EPS\in. Then work out your queues and unpack the packages to eps\in for each 'phase'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I already checked the queue structure. The problem was that I couldn't install the packages step by step, although all prerequisites for single packages were fulfilled. I just couldn't deselect the unwanted packages. Now, after moving these packages from EPS inbox and only keeping the right ones, it works. A little strange, but, well... it works!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alas... no, it doesn't work! SAP states "inconsistency" after removing some files from EPS\in and trying to import the other packages. It is stated explicitly that he wants Files a, b, c, and these are the ones that caused the XPRA error. Okay, I'll have to try it the old way...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh of course, sorry about that.

The invalid ID message could imply that a SAR file was transferred with an error? I have seen bad SAR files before although it is rare. Since you've replaced executables involved maybe the only option is to download, unpack and replace the data files used?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe that isn't possible, Mark, because the .sar files have already been loaded into the system and they are in the queue, which can't be changed anymore. So, how to replace anything with new files? Besides, there were no (obvious) errors downloading or unpacking the update files.

By the way, I've just updated SAP kernel via JSPM, but had no success concerning my problem.

I think I will just uninstall and then re-install our system, for it doesn't seem to work another way, does it? I've spent too much time on this issue already...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ah, I know what you mean! I tried that, but it didn't change anything.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It could be that the XPRA phase is trying to run reports in BTC.

Please CHECK SM37 for failed jobs at the time of your import for user DDIC and look at the logs.

EDIT: If you see failed jobs then searching SMP for notes related to the program concerned should help.

Are there any related short dumps in transction ST22?

Best regards,

Mark.

Edited by: Mark Birch on Jan 5, 2012 2:31 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

As stated in my initial post, I already tried that. There are no failed jobs.

Thanks for your suggestion, anyway!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Download the latest tp.exe ad R3trans.exe from SMP and upgrade in the kernel folder and then try reimporting.

Regards

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sonke,

Please look at

and you can also try using another user id with SAP_ALL access instead of DDIC.

Regards,

Amit Barnawal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Amit,

thanks for your reply!

1. There is no user SAP_ALL I could log in with. Should I create one? How to do that?

2. Regarding the link you provided:

a) What program should I regenerate (first suggestion in the linked thread, user vishal)?

b) I follow the instructions in note 1083886 (second suggestion, user vamsi), but I cannot switch to change mode (step 7. message: User DDIC may not make changes in customer systems). What roles do I need to switch to change mode?

Please give me further guidance as I am an absolut beginner at SAP basis.

Regards

Sönke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello sonke,

You create one user id and provide "sap_all" and "sap_new" profile to it, after that login using that user id and try to repeat the things.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer! Now I could switch to change mode with newly created user "sapuser", but I am immediately prompted for access keys: Seems my new user has to be registered as a developer and the object R3T3, class CL_FDT_EXPRESSION has to be registered, too. I will initiate that at SMP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay, that will take some time. My S-user doesn't have the rights to to that at SMP. I will ask my boss to do that with his S-user; unfortunately he is not here at the moment. Thanks for your help so far, Amit! Or do you have any other suggestions? Besides, the SPAM import doesn't work with new "sapuser" either.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sonke,

You say thanks by providing points in sdn for helpful answers,

I will also suggest you to try to import with this new user id without modifying any thing, if it doesnt work then go for change.

And let us know if it resolves your problem,

Regards,

Amit Barnawal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'll do that for sure, Amit!

Has anybody another suggestion how to overcome my issue?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello sonke,

use t-code /$sync and restart the system and then try to reimport.

Regards,

Amit Barnawal

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I mentioned in my first message, I already tried that /$sync thing. Unfortunately, it didn't work.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sonke,

You should a registered abap id in your system to perform those changes. As these are manual changes, the other alternative of implementing the solution via Snote will not help.

So either you need to use already registered abap id or register your id as an abaper to make the changes.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Addendum: Extract from tp log

BRF+: <<< BEGIN: Messages for IDs (0050568A7A4B02EEA8ECB892E1C0146F/ ) 0050568A7A4B02EFA8ECB892E1C0146F (invalid!) >>>

Unknown ID 0050568A7A4B02EEA8ECB892E1C0146F (invalid!)

BRF+: <<< END : Messages for IDs (0050568A7A4B02EEA8ECB892E1C0146F/ ) 0050568A7A4B02EFA8ECB892E1C0146F (invalid!) >>>

Errors occurred during post-handling FDT_AFTER_IMPORT for FDT0001 T

FDT_AFTER_IMPORT belongs to package SFDT_TRANSPORT

The errors affect the following components:

BC-SRV-BR (BRFplus - ABAP-Based Business Rules)

Does anybody have an idea?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sonke,

Please revisit entire tp log and take a look at note 1229819 if you found same symptoms in the log.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your input, gentlemen!

1) Amit, your suggestion unfortunately didn't work: The changes suggested in note 1083886 were already applied - the method IF_FDT_EXPRESSION~IS_GENERATING was never missing. So, no success here.

2) Sima, I didn't find any symptoms mentioned in 1229819 in my log(s). Besides, my basis release (702) isn't even mentioned on the note page.

3) Balamurugan: Thanks for your suggestion, I thought about that, too. I found R3 and TP under Solution Manager 7.1 -> Entry by component -> ABAP Stack -> SAP KERNEL 7.20 64-BIT UNICODE -> Windows on x64 64bit -> #Database independent. Should be the right ones. Now I have a new R3trans.exe, a new R3trans.pdb and a new TP.exe. Should I just overwrite the old versions of these three files in all D:\usr\sap\SOL\DVEBMGS00\exe, D:\usr\sap\SOL\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64 and D:\usr\sap\DAA\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64?

Thanks and regards

Su00F6nke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sonke,

I thought of suggesting you the same as well.

You can rename the old exe files as back_R3trans etc... and then put the new exe files.

I am hoping it will help you.

Regards,

Amit Barnawal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Or do I need the files from Solution Manager 7.1 -> Entry by component -> ABAP Stack -> SAP KERNEL 7.20 EXT 64-BIT UC -> Windows on x64 64bit -> #Database independent for the UC-folders D:\usr\sap\SOL\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64 and D:\usr\sap\DAA\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64? Do I need to update the UC-folders at all or just the D:\usr\sap\SOL\DVEBMGS00\exe?

And what about the r3load.exe? No need to update that file?

Thanks in advance!

Former Member
0 Kudos

So now I renamed the old files in all three folders and copied the new ones... but it doesn't work (even after restarting the SAP system): I get the same error message as before.

Any further suggestions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmm... at SPAM there are the two lines

Queue SAPKNA7021

to SAPKITL701.

besides the display/define button. Is that correct? Shouldn't it just be the single line "Queue XXX"?