cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue exporting custom formatted Excel report from queries in version 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

In Sourcing queries you can add a workbook template to customise the format of the report when it is exported to Excel.

I have a scenario where this functionality works well in a version 5.1 system, but not so well in a version 7 system - on export to Excel the reformatted report fields are now all displayed as blank fields, and values only appear after you perform a 'Save As' manually in Excel.

The exact scenario is as follows:

1. An Excel workbook is initially created by exporting the query results to Excel.

2. A second worksheet is then added with a custom format and the data fields referenced from the the first sheet.

3. The first worksheet is then hidden, and the second one protected in Excel.

4. The workbook is then uploaded to Sourcing a a workbook template file attachment container, and assigned to the query Workbook template.

5. When the query is executed and the results exported to Excel, In 5.1 you see the reformatted report layout with data straight away, as you want. In version 7 you just see blank fields until you use 'Save As' from the Excel menu.

Any ideas why this is happening in the version 7 systems and possible work arounds?

Thanks for your help,

Stuart

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stuart,

We faced the same issue, did not realize it worked fine in version 5.1. We had several hidden sheets and several sheets with formulas. I could not find the fix, but I just forced a calculation in excel during Workbook Open. Of course the user then has to enable macros.

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
           Application.CalculateFull
End Sub

If this was working in 5.1, I would suggest opening an OSS note with SAP.

Please let us know if you find any other workaround.

Thanks,

MP

Former Member
0 Kudos

MP - many thanks!

Your work around works well for us!

If I do get a definitive answer as to what has changed and why I'll post it back to the forum.

Regards,

Stuart